normiss

Mid-air collision - one dead.

When I started jumping we swam a lot slower and it was a lot safer. These young dolphins just think they have to go so fast all the time. I used to want to swim with the dolphins, but now I'm having 2nd thoughts.[:/]

I just recently swam with the dolphins. It's a dangerous sport. We all know the risks. Why do we have to find blame?

If you don't want to risk it stay in the warm kiddie pool.

Second hand info here.... Please dont bash I just want to verify.

Heard that they both had just ingested LARGE amounts of sardines before the jump. Can anyone verify?

swooping + sardines just equal stupidity, cant believe nobody said anything. I thought we were family.....

It's well known that you've had issues with this tank owner since you were snubbed by the swimgods over there. You're aware that the lawyers sharks read this forum. Why are you trying to cause trouble?
Owned by Remi #?

As a close friend of Sharky and the other jumper involved, they are both free spirited individuals and I can tell you that more regulation and rules would never have been the way Sharky would want this to end, his life taken is tragic and I struggle to come to terms with his loss.

Just because Sharky was a girl, everyone is sad about her death. Well, I never met Sharky, but I read about her on the Internet, and she seemed like a real blow-hard to me. One of those mammals that never cared about the show - only about the sardines. She was always splashing the spectators on porpoise, just to look cool. I just feel bad that she had to injure another jumper before she learned her lesson the hard way.

With all that said, I think the tank operator bears NO responsibility for her death. Sure, they took her from the ocean and gave her bad training and cheap props, and there were even rumors that the tank was not well maintained. But she waived (with her tail) her rights, dammit! The operators even said "nothing like this has ever happened before" - well, you have to believe the tank operators, because they stand nothing to gain from lying about something like that. I'm absolutely sure that they will take this opportunity to review their safety procedures, tank maintenance and training methods, and then probably do nothing about them, because of course they are all perfect and need no improvements.
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

Any word on a memorial yet??

I am planning on getting a few friends together at the Local sushi restaurant to reminisce. I will always remember how much Sharky LOVED sushi... And now life has come full circle and Sharly IS sushi.

Is there going to be an ash jump Sushi buffet? I would be what Sharky would have wanted.

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of
people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

I marvel at the way you fuckers can take a dolphin accident and post as if it was a skydiver accident.

You sick bastards!

:D:D:D:D

Was either of them wearing a PFD?

Rumour has it they were in a low pull contest - anyone know if it's true?!?! There's no place for showing off like this in a pool no mater how big it was!

:|
Z-Flock 8
Discotec Rodriguez

Too bad weapons grade stupidity doesn't lead to sterility.

It's well known that you've had issues with this tank owner since you were snubbed by the swimgods over there. You're aware that the lawyers sharks read this forum. Why are you trying to cause trouble?

Just once I wanted to be the cool kid that got spashed... IS THAT TO FREAKING MUCH TO ASK???
"Its such a beautiful day outside, we should thank the leader."

"The leader? Who the hell is that? Some sort of leader?" -Homer Simpson.

Was Sharky wearing a camera? If so, has anyone seen the video?
It would be interesting to see if she was keeping her head on a swivel, or was fixated on the target. Also, was she jumping in a strict pattern with 90 degree corners, or was she drifting off at an angle?
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

so a few years ago...at the PR Boogie...Scary Perry convinces Michelle she needs flotation gear for the beach jump as it was her first.
The entire ride to altitude she looks at the gear and repeatedly tells me she is convinced it's an inflatable sex toy.
:D:D:D

we never did verify what it actually was...:P

Was Sharky wearing a camera? If so, has anyone seen the video?
It would be interesting to see if she was keeping her head on a swivel, or was fixated on the target. Also, was she jumping in a strict pattern with 90 degree corners, or was she drifting off at an angle?

>:( What the fuck does that matter?!?!? >:(

Lower dolphin has right of way. ALWAYS!!!
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

Is there any word on the condition/extent of the injuries of the other dolphin? Are they able to shed some light on exactly what went wrong?

Blue Skies Sharky:(:(:(

Yes, I have some information, but I don't think I should post because it's really not my place.

I wished you all would STOP speculating. You have no clue what really happened. We need to wait for the official report...B|

Jon

Is there any word on the condition/extent of the injuries of the other dolphin? Are they able to shed some light on exactly what went wrong?

Blue Skies Sharky:(:(:(

Yes, I have some information, but I don't think I should post because it's really not my place.

I wished you all would STOP speculating. You have no clue what really happened. We need to wait for the official report...B|

Jon

You are right.

It is NOT your place!! We will speculate all we want here. People learn from speculation. If you are too emotionally involved then you should NOT read this thread.

Fact: Sharkey was killed by that other Swooping Dolphin. People need to wake up or the FDA will start getting more involved. Yet another mid-Air collision that would have been avoided if we could just keep the hotshots showoff ego maniacs Swooper Dolphins Separate from the standard pattern Dolphins!!

Low Fish has the right of way.