prepheckt

Take two Ambien and get away with anything!

Article here

I cheated on my wife while sleepwalking. What do I do now?

Quote:
Dear Prudence:
I did something recently that concerns me on many levels. I am under a large amount of stress because I'm in an unhappy marriage (which we're trying to work out) and because my company laid me off. I am under treatment for depression. A week ago, my doctor doubled the dosage of my antidepressant and, because I'm not sleeping well, he prescribed Ambien. On Saturday morning, I confused the vials and took two Ambien. I told my wife what happened and that I would probably sleep all day and went to bed. At around 10 p.m., my wife commented on how productive I had been: mowing the lawn, cleaning up, grocery shopping. I remembered none of this and said so. She said her only concern was that I left for "errands" and returned two hours later with nothing in hand. I talked to my doctor Monday, and he told me Ambien can cause amnesia and that some people have reported walking, driving, and cooking in their sleep. I know now what filled the missing two hours. This afternoon, I got a call from a woman who called me "lover" and asked when I wanted to come back. She called me her f--k buddy. This is a woman I had talked to only twice before in social situations. I do not even know where she lives; maybe I phoned her for directions. I do find her attractive, but I am stunned that I did something like this. My wife is vindictive, and if I say anything to her, it will end our marriage. I do not want to continue a relationship with the other woman. What should I do?

—Scared Sleepless

Dear Scared,
It's hard to believe that the pharmaceutical industry has already solved two of our most vexing problems: How to get men to do weekend chores, and how to induce attractive strangers to have sex with you while being able to swear that you haven't cheated. If this gets around, soon we'll be living in a world where people are gobbling Ambien out of Pez containers. Driving, eating, even trying to cast congressional votes while under the influence of Ambien are all well-documented. Scroll around the Internet and you will also find individual accounts of Ambien-fueled sex—which the nondrugged participants claim is more creative and uninhibited than when their partner is awake. However good you may have been in bed, you need to keep the other woman from contacting you and asking for further services. Call her and try to explain. Tell her that, as hard as it is to believe, you have recently been prescribed several medications, you accidentally mixed them up, and as a result you have no memory of the events of the weekend. Say you're very sorry if you behaved irresponsibly but that you can't be in touch with her. Don't ask for details—you want to preserve your amnesiac deniability. And since you don't know what you did, you're hardly in a position to confess anything to your wife. From now on, when you have trouble drifting off, forget the Ambien and brew yourself a nice cup of chamomile tea.

—Prudie

Focus: Discuss. I call bullshit. Is this even possible? Anyone ever done anything like this (and willing to admit it?)
"Dancing Argentine Tango is like doing calculus with your feet."
-9 toes

I think it's possible, but from the way the story is crafted, I say this one is definitely fabricated.

Don't mess with Ambien - my father in law took the normal dosage for a week, then started have hallucinations.
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

I was on Ambien for a while. And once took 2.

It could be possible, because I think I did some weird shit that night. Not sure exactly what, I just have these kinda...flashbacks... about that night.:S[/reply

Come on, you have to elaborate now, spare no dirty details.

"Dancing Argentine Tango is like doing calculus with your feet."
-9 toes

I don't know... it sounds kinda like BS to me.

I have taken Ambien a few times (my doc won't give me any!)

I have had the impression that I was asleep within minutes after taking it. I say impression because I was told I did some funny things that I had no recollection of.

The good thing is I sleep all night (which is rare) and wake up refreshed and ready to go.

Good stuff there. Anyone got any that they want to share?!
Kim Mills
USPA D21696
Tandem I, AFF I and Static Line I

ok, I "think" I got out of bed one night, and left the house naked and went for a drive. Can't say for sure, I just have this feeling:S

What I know for sure is I had at least a 1 hour texting session with an old GF one night late, and I didn't remember shit! She called me the next day and told me, I checked...you should've seen the crap I wrote!..:D

I have a prescription for the generic brand of Ambien. I don't take it every night, just when I don't feel sleepy by midnight. Takes me about 15 to 20 minutes to feel the effects. It has worked well, however the last couple times I took one, I ended up with a headache for half the day after waking up. Not sure what to make of that though.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban