shah269

Second chances….not that common are they?

Second chances….not that common are they?

How many of you have ever had a second chance with the one that got away?
And of those that did have this second chance, how was it? Did it work out? Did it…..fail…..or just not go anywhere?
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

I'm sorry, I should have said getting a second chance...as in getting a second chance to maybe get the one that got away.
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

There have been a few men in my past that I thought were "the ONE." I was devasted when they "got away." I've since learned they weren't the one, and I'm with the one!

Good luck!

g
"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?

I have always been of the opinion.. that second chances at a relationship is not needed.

Rarely does anyone break up with someone on just one instance of the person screwing something up. Its a pattern that leads to the break up.

That said. I think it best to just move on to new people who do not have all that baggage.

"...who have that 'baggage' " or would it actually be a 'history' together...??

That isn't necessaryily a bad thing.

But then again there is a lot (positive) to be said for a fresh (different, new) start with someone when there aren't any preconcieved ideas about one another...

I beleive in second chances they do exist.I am living proof of someone that has been given a "second chance",not only in a relationship,but a second chance at being able to live.
If your talking about relationships then I think LisaH said it best.
"Don't beg for it.Work for it and PROVE yourself"
That's just me though,I could be wrong.I was once;):S

--------------------------------------------------
Growing old is mandatory.Growing up is optional!!

D.S.#13(Dudeist Skdiver)

Well this is complicated to say the least.
But we broke up due to me leaving the country.
And now......well......who knows?

"...who have that 'baggage' " or would it actually be a 'history' together...??

That isn't necessaryily a bad thing.

But then again there is a lot (positive) to be said for a fresh (different, new) start with someone when there aren't any preconcieved ideas about one another...

Currently there are 300 million+ people in this country... I have "history" with very few of them.

If things did not work out the first time..... then I for one am not interested in a reprise of thesituation.

Depending on age..body type..mutual attraction... etc... I would say there are millions of new possibilites out there to explore.

hmmm.

So are you saying that it was a break up out of "convenience" or kindness then??

Are you living back in the same area now? Are you friendly and both free to check things out again?

If so, why not. But dont take anything for granted, and let things develop naturally and as they will.

hmmm.

So are you saying that it was a break up out of "convenience" or kindness then??

Are you living back in the same area now? Are you friendly and both free to check things out again?

If so, why not. But dont take anything for granted, and let things develop naturally and as they will.

We were both 18, let's say kindness.
No we are not in the same area, we just found each other online.
Both are friendly and.....due to distance and other issues there will be no checking out for a while.

I've never had a second chance at anything in my life. I've had a first chance which was always my last chance. So this....this is new for me.

To quote Mr. Spock, Star Trek, the TV show
"You will find that often the wanting is more pleasurable than the having. It is not logical, but it is so."
This is the paradox of skydiving. We do something very dangerous, expose ourselves to a totally unnecesary risk, and then spend our time trying to make it safer.

I think everyone on here has heard me boo hoo over my ex..

Although I still believe the problems we had were mostly to do with a lot of external stuff that had nothing to do with "us", I don't think it would work if we got back together unless A LOT had changed...

The problem is that the breakup process (for us, anyway) was really, really painful. We both said and did things that truly damaged our relationship and the way we felt about one another.

A couple of weeks after we broke up, we tried to get back together. But although we both really wanted to make it work, everything fell right back into a negative pattern. The trouble is that as much as I long and yearn to be with him, I can't help but think whatever happened he would eventually leave me again.

Maybe it's different with you two.. Maybe a lot has changed and the pain of the breakup has long gone. And if you really did break up because you moved, maybe this time you're both in a position to commit to one another regardless of location. That's assuming of course that there weren't any other reasons for the split...

My aunt married her husband after a 7 year breakup. They now have 2 kids and are very happy. One of my friends hooked up with this girl he dated when they were younger - they're now happily married as well..

It happens.. I reckon it's pretty exceptional.. I guess it just has to be a case of the dynamic having significantly changed so that a "fresh" start is possible.

Don't think it ever will be with mine.. [:/]

"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

[replyWe were both 18, let's say kindness.
No we are not in the same area, we just found each other online.........due to distance and other issues there will be no checking out for a while.

WTF! Internet love affair???????????????????
:S
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

You only get second chances with the ones you don't really want. They're called booty calls.:P

That sounds mean!! You can't disrespect the booty call!! They're everything that is pure and right with the world... drama free fun!! ;)

That makes me think of a question to ask you folks.... watch for another thread... :P
Always be kinder than you feel.

Unless enough time has passed for both of you to do a lot of growing up, it didn't work the first time around for a reason, and it probably won't work the second time around for the same reason.

If you run into your college sweetheart a decade later, go for it. If you run into your ex wife a year or two later, um...no.