doug925

What Credit Card should I get?

That is only true if you are bad at managing money or have lots of cash!!

Wow, I'm neither:S I must be doomed to a life of failure then huh?

Let me put it this way, we live on less than we make.:)

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.

none!

you can use a debit card. that way you aren't paying interest and/or spending money you don't have.

and if you're worried about your "i love debt score" err credit score, don't. there are still banks that do manual underwriting for buying hoses and personal loans.
diamonds are a dawgs best friend

and if you're worried about your "i love debt score" err credit score, don't. there are still banks that do manual underwriting for buying hoses and personal loans.

And you'll pay more money for less loan than those who manage their credit score. Also more for home and auto insurance. We're living in the 21st century. A good credit score is an asset; a poor one, an albatross. :)

Actually, I just closed on the house two weeks ago.

I already have debit cards, and that is what I use for the majority of my purchases. (98%)

As I stated earlier, I am going to shop for a card (to be used as a tool) so I wanted to hear others peoples opinions on better/worse credit card companies cards.

I had not thought about asking BOA just to raise my limit. Hmmm

Thanks all.

Doug
I have never developed indigestion from eating my words.
Winston Churchill

Believe me. Pay as you go, save your money, and FUCK credit. You don't need it if you spend LESS than you make. :S

What you say is reflective of your knowledge...HOW ya say it is reflective of your experience. Airtwardo

Someone's going to be spanked! Hopefully, it will be me. Skymama

And you'll pay more money for less loan than those who manage their credit score

And you could not be more wrong. You are normanly spot on but you are wrong here!

Also more for home and auto insurance

That is correct for some insurance companys but not all.

We're living in the 21st century. A good credit score is an asset; a poor one, an albatross

No we are living in a computer age were some companys are basing there info on what a computer tells you someone is worth. A I love debt score means you like and or acept debt as a way of life, I dont.
Nothing opens like a Deere!

You ignorant fool! Checks are for workers!

I feel I might have done my credit score some harm by closing out a credit card with that high a limit.

That you did, my friend...would have been better to just pay the fee and then sock-drawered it...
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

And you'll pay more money for less loan than those who manage their credit score

And you could not be more wrong. You are normanly spot on but you are wrong here!

Oh really? Where are you getting this information because I've had the money people tell me the opposite many times, and they are the ones setting the terms.

. A I love debt score means you like and or acept debt as a way of life, I dont.

I've got no debt. I accept a credit rating as a way of life. It doesn't mean you have to be in debt. In other words, I'm good for the money, but I don't owe any money. ;)

I don't borrow money to buy toys (cars, parachutes, guns, whatever.) I only borrow money to make money. Using it that way is a tool, not a handicap.

I only borrow money to make money. Using it that way is a tool, not a handicap.

That is what I feel most people here are missing when I ask about another credit card.
I am uuber responsible when it comes to credit. I use it as a tool like the cnc milling & turning machines my company owns.

An example. I sometimes floor-plan a current job on a credit card to facilitate the purchase of xxxxxx to resell xxxxxx to my customers at markup against an existing Purchase Order.

This is why I use lines of credit, and credit cards. Both have their place in life and in business.

Not having a credit card and only going off cash assets can hinder a business just as it can you in your personal life.

Not all companies have enough liquid assets to buy whatever they need. That is why credit cards exist. Short term loan is the basis of what a credit card is about.

And yes, I am my business and the other way around.

So again, who do you like, and who do you not?

Thanks all,

Doug.
I have never developed indigestion from eating my words.
Winston Churchill

So again, who do you like, and who do you not?

We have two Visa cards, Alaska Airlines, through BOA, There is an annual fee on each but the buddy passes we get each year with the card have more than made up for the difference. We also get the frequent flyer miles. What is the interest rate? No clue. These two are for personal purchases and they are paid in full each month. Customer service? Good enough. :)
I have a bunch of dormant cards, mostly with Chase, locked in the safe. These were the accounts that had the no-interest cash loans.B| They, of course, are hoping you'll be stupid and not pay them off on time. Then they sock it to you. All you have to do is watch what you're doing, just like with the table saw in the garage.;)

I'd try to up your old card's limit first. They know you and should try to take care of a long term customer. No fee cards are always cool, but a small fee for a nice reward is okay with me. Of course, if you need to carry a balance until a customer pays you off, check for low rates. Our best rate is actually a bank line of credit. That's what we use when we need to carry a debt for a while.

Debit card!
+1

When a credit card is compromised, you get talk to the bank about whether or not you will pay it.:|

When a debit card gets compromised, you get to talk to the bank about whether they give your money back, and also talk to all those creditors you paid with checks that bounced when your bank account got drained.:S
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Get one with no annual fee.

And transfer your existing credit card balance to the new one using a "0% interest on balance transfers" offers, and that way you save money too.

Many gas stations won't take American Express at the pump.