hobie331

Weekend numbers May 9-10

:):9::D

Finished up my Phase 1 Tandem, and then promptly finished my Phase 2 Tandem...jumped a cobalt for the first time, loved it!! Hate the new Javelin risers, but hey, they came on the cobalt for testing!

WONDERFUL weekend!!
...it's not the fact that you don't appreciate what you have until it's gone...it's the fact that you don't appreciate what you have until someone appreciates it for you!

;);) : :) : :D

Did 5 RW jumps (4, 5, 6 ways) at Lake Wales with Mike (i'm sorry I don't know the last name) organizing, and hit the big 200 (beer). Thanks guys, for a great day of jumping.

Have I said before that I love this sport?
"Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest" ~Samuel Clemens

MB#4300
Dudeist Skydiver #68

0:5:0

2 tandem videos on Saturday... after wind conditions on the second jump I was content to call it a day...

1 jump chasing my fiancee's team out the door for some creative shots of my girl working (as well as the team... I'll post pictures later.)

and 2 jumps later in the day chasing a few of the demo jumpers practicing building a downplane...

Scott
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

0:17:1

All at the P3 100 Way Camp and all but one from over 16,000' AGL. I would like to have owed two cases of beer, one for my first 100 way completion but it was down to the last jump of the day and the formation was aborted on jump run and all but 5 of us landed with the planes. Beer owed for wearing lead for the first time.

And this concludes my 12 day vacation to Perris. Sitting at the airport waiting for my fight back to reality.

:) : 2 : 0

2 jumps on Saturday up at West Plains. No jumps on Sunday. Darn hangovers! Gotta learn to step away from the bar if I want to jump the next day.

thanx for the jump sat! can't wait til bigbird gets home so we can play from the caravan - ;)
DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!

0:10:0

Took lots of driving:(, two statesB|, weather dodging>:( and three dz's:D.

1 B| : 1 :)
One jump.
One parking ticket.

A great weekend for jumping but I wasn't feeling very well and didn't feel up to jumping on Saturday. Finally made one jump on Sunday--there was an Otter visiting the DZ so now I kind of wish I'd made at least one jump on Saturday.

Need to make a 'push' to finish my 'A' soon. I returned to the sport recently after 20 years away. I signed up to volunteer at the Skydance American Boogie so it would be good if I can be licensed by then.
"It's hard to have fun at 4-way unless your whole team gets down to the ground safely to do it again!"--Northern California Skydiving League re USPA Safety Day, March 8, 2014

I can't wait to learn how to jump from the big plane!!! I'm still going to be scared of it for awhile. It's just so big! :D hehehe...that sounds bad! :)

I'm hoping to have enough money saved up to do at least 10 jumps over the boogie weekend.

700+:0:0

Drove over 700 miles this weekend. No jumping; I spent the weekend enjoying old friends at a wedding in Morro Bay, Ca.

Talked with a guy from high school that I tossed out of a plane static line back in 1991. He's done a few more in the Army but no freefall yet. He'll be coming to visit me on a future leave to do some AFF. B|

0:0:0

Stupid Texas weather... :(
Oh well, we definitely had fun anyway...:D

Sorry I left it there.

What are you talking about? Texas weather phhhttt:P There were plenty of holes in the clouds. We put up 19 loads!

:)

Come up to Dallas...and bring the sun. I left Sunday morning drenched from puddles and rain. :)
~Nikki
http://www.facebook.com/poe62

Irgity Dirgity

700+:0:0

Drove over 700 miles this weekend. No jumping; I spent the weekend enjoying old friends at a wedding in Morro Bay, Ca.

Talked with a guy from high school that I tossed out of a plane static line back in 1991. He's done a few more in the Army but no freefall yet. He'll be coming to visit me on a future leave to do some AFF. B|

Morrow bay is a great little town.
B|:11:0
Lets see, these jumps are spread over 2 Dz's one with a Pac and the other with a otter and a beech. I did 3 belly jumps, was a base for a hybrid on one of those. 8 free fly jumps. Got some good belly to sit round jumps in!! some head down coaching jumps. My front riser 90's on getting dialed in, Im loving the new found speed!!!!

Poe, wet T-shirt, washing her car....

I'd go dude....I've seen her contribution to the rack thread.:)

"That formation-stuff in freefall is just fun and games but with an open parachute it's starting to sound like, you know, an extreme sport."
~mom

0:9::D

8 team jumps, 1 hop-n-pop from 12,700, Beer for my first canopy collapse at 50 feet. I thought it was just turbulence until I got back to the landing area. Biff said it folded in half like a taco, then reopened. Landed fine, just a little backwards, and got a little dirty.

"If it wasn't easy stupid people couldn't do it", Duane.

My momma said I could be anything I wanted when I grew up, so I became an a$$hole.