skymama

What's your favorite red wine and appetizer pairing?

I need a tasty combo to bring to a party this weekend. Usually I bring a baked brie, but I'm looking for something new and something beyond just bringing cheese, I'm sure others will do that.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

You should come to Ormond cause right next to the office I work in is a wine place.They do free samplings...:)

I have bought some really nice bottles in there. Oh, Thursday would be a good time around 4 pm cause the new business is having a chambers mixer...:ph34r:

(edited- cause I forgot to write my suggestion...lol)
You should make stuffed portabella mushroom...

TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly

Strong cheese, bacon wrapped water chestnuts, bacon wrapped pineaple, bacon wrapped bacon...:P

O! Bruschetta is the bomb too. With red wine it would be really good with cilantro and either fresh tomatoes or sun dried and a basalmic drizzle. Plus it's super easy.

"If this post needs to be moderated I would prefer it to be completly removed and not edited and butchered into a disney movie" - DorkZone Hero

Cocktail sausages and shiraz :P. Actually, my son was once at a wine tasting where the purpose was to pick the perfect wine to go with BBQ, and a shiraz was selected. It worked well, too.

That said, it's hard to go wrong with bruschetta, or there are always cheese straws. A nice cheddar goes with red.

Wendy P.

There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Dark chocolate covered chile rubbed dried mango slices (Trader Joes sells them - YUM!) with a nice shiraz or petite syrah. The chocolate, bite from the chile and tang from the fruit work really well with a full bodied red wine.

I need a tasty combo to bring to a party this weekend. Usually I bring a baked brie, but I'm looking for something new and something beyond just bringing cheese, I'm sure others will do that.

Louis Jadot Pouilly-Fuisse / Salmon and ahi tuna sashimi
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

French bagette, sliced diagonally and lightly toasted

Take a couple of beef tenderloins (depending on crowd) season w/ pepper and salt and grill to medium rare. Let them sit, then slice really thin (you can also use any leftover steak)

Soften up a package of garlic and herb gournay cheese (Boursin is the best)

Spread slices w/cheese and top with steak

Toast under broiler for just a minute

Goes great with a good Merlot or Cab:)

"I love cooking with wine. Sometimes I even put it in the food."

It all depends on the wine you're taking. Any specific preferences, Skymama?

I haven't decided which type I'm bringing yet other than it being a red. I'm not picky, I drink it all. :ph34r:
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Soft Merlot or well aged Pinot Noir with Halloumi.

Fruity Zin, Merlot, or Pinot Noir will do well with a fruity (melon & bacon? Quite a nice combo!) dish.

If you're into a spicy Zinfandel or Shiraz (Syrah, Rhone,... whatever) you can go for the toast/garlic/cheese/carpaccio or similar stronger flavours.

Nice strong Cabernet Sauv., Cab./Merlot, Bordeaux/Meritage kind of wine, I'd go for something meaty but light. Carpaccio works great, something different might be a cheese plate with green, red & yellow peppers. The sweet peppers break the stronger cheese flavours without aversely impacting the wine appreciation.

Best advice of all - enjoy any and all flavours that are offered! Drink whatever you want with whatever you want - taste is subjective and the best wine is always the wine in your glass :)

A VERY MERRY UNBIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!
D.S # 125

With cheese of all kinds I'd go with this wine.

They sell this in Sweden also and It's great with cheese...
I know, I know... Flashy labels usually means low quality wine but I was prooven wrong with this one ;)

“The sum of intelligence on the planet is a constant; the population is growing.” - George Bernard Shaw
He who dies with the most toys, wins.....
dudeist skydiver # 19515
Buy quality and cry once!