skymama

What's your favorite red wine and appetizer pairing?

I like a nice leg of lamb roasted over an open wood fire, marinated overnight in olive oil, rosemary, garlic, sea salt and fresh ground black pepper.

As it cooks to medium rare you slice it off of the spit.

Rainbo, Tigra, Dr. Bordson:)

Or the same with a leg of venison;)

Baby portablella mushrooms in olive oil and garlic, sea salt and black pepper skewered and roasted tp perfection are pretty damned good too.

Nice fresh Italian bread still warm and some really nice Colavita Olive Oil and pecorino romano, along with Tuscan seasonings for a dip.[url]

Thanks for all the suggestions...

I need an appetizer that I can carry easily to a party, so any kind of main dish is out. I wanted to stay away from just bringing cheese because I'm sure other people will do that.

Anything with bacon is out because I'm not a big fan of it and, well, it's all about me isn't it? :P

Bruschetta might be the winner so far!

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I need a tasty combo to bring to a party this weekend. Usually I bring a baked brie, but I'm looking for something new and something beyond just bringing cheese, I'm sure others will do that.

Raw oysters and some form of Merlot.
"It's hard to have fun at 4-way unless your whole team gets down to the ground safely to do it again!"--Northern California Skydiving League re USPA Safety Day, March 8, 2014

I need a tasty combo to bring to a party this weekend. Usually I bring a baked brie, but I'm looking for something new and something beyond just bringing cheese, I'm sure others will do that.

Strawberry Hill and Pigs-in-a-Blanket?
Well, it's not exactly "new" but it's tried and true!
:D
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

I would recommend this. Delicious and bite size.

Sautéed Maine diver scallops with braised veal cheeks, Tahitian vanilla, parsnip cream.

Paired with this: Nebbiolo, Barbaresco, Produttori del Barbaresco, Piedmont, Italy, 2005
"Dancing Argentine Tango is like doing calculus with your feet."
-9 toes