LuckyMcSwervy

So This Is How It Went Today...

If you really think he could be "the one" or even "the one you'd like to get to know" would it really hurt to give up the DZ one evening and go on a date?
Many people don't skydive forever. You might be missing out on something hat will last longer for you than jumping.

Heresy! Heresy! Where are the moderators with their post-deleting powers when you really need them?;)

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence." - Carl Sagan

If you really think he could be "the one" or even "the one you'd like to get to know" would it really hurt to give up the DZ one evening and go on a date?
Many people don't skydive forever. You might be missing out on something hat will last longer for you than jumping.

Heresy! Heresy! Where are the moderators with their post-deleting powers when you really need them?;)

:D:D:D:D:D
Always be kinder than you feel.

But... I guess I'm just looking for someone who will be there when it's convenient for me. Does that even make sense?? I know it sounds terribly selfish... it is selfish. If I have to question it I guess I'm being an idiot.

Hint: If you want a FWB, don't brush off potential candidates.:|
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

I I didn't even reply because nothing I would say would be believed anyway...

Damn. Another hot and normal one that I'm letting get away...

you could have said "i'm available next thursday" or whenever you are available for dinner.

the truth is you're just not that into him or you would have just rattled off 2 or 3 days in the next couple of weeks that you were free.

+1

But why the play by play then. That's a pretty detailed post telling us she's not that into him.

Lucky ... give the guy a chance. I think you want to. :)
'Shell

A) one day you will not want to spend ALL your time at the DZ (don't ask how long it takes)

B) when your there it would be nice to have somewbody else around (again don't ask)

C) if your mildly interested you'd help come up with a time

D) If he's mildly interested he'd agree to come see what interests you

E) Fear promotes distance

F) I'm thinking this through too much
Rainbo
TheSpeedTriple - Speed is everything
"Blessed are those who can give without remembering, and take without forgetting."

Oh, we climb trees, lockers, ladders and shit like that. :D

Fuck land, I'm on a boat, motherfucker.
Fuck trees, I climb buoys, motherfucker.

:) :) :)
Serious relationships turn into work after a few weeks and I already got a fucking job :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
H.A.F. = Hard As Fuck ... Goddamn Amateurs

But why the play by play then. That's a pretty detailed post telling us she's not that into him.

there are a few of possibilities.

1) she isn't consciencely aware that she isn't into him. all logic tells her she should be interested in him, hot, successful, single, never got a trophy for fucking, ect. she's unsure why things went down the way they did. now she's second guessing herself and trying to figure out what the fuck is going on by bouncing this off a group of people she shares a common interest in.

2) she's a woman and women overthink stuff like this.;)

3) i'm full of shit and really have no idea.

"Your scrotum is quite nice" - Skymama
www.kjandmegan.com

Truth is, if you were really interested, you would have made a little room in your schedule for him. And if he was really interested, instead of giving up so easily and sending a whiny text, he would have suggested lunch during the week or dinner Thursday or Friday.

Even though he was wrong to assume you were making up excuses, he could see that you really weren't interested. There's nothing wrong with that, but if nothing else, be honest with yourself. You just aren't that into him. I went through some of that when I started jumping and I'm pretty sure I didn't let "The One" slip away. Its OK to take a little time for yourself.

Besides, who wants a guy that sends whiny text messages and gets pissy when you won't bend your schedule or change your plans for him anyway?

I don't know why everyone is giving her such a hard time about it.

My opinion is ...

1) It was a funny and entertaining post

2) Let her do what the "F" she wants :)
Serious relationships turn into work after a few weeks and I already got a fucking job :)

One more possibility...

She was honest and open about what occupies her free time, and he accused her of lying to push him away. When someting like that happens to me that sort of shit usually runs around in circles in my head until I can dump it out somewhere, usually to a friend who is willing to listen without judging.

I think we here qualify as a decent sounding board.

The outright rejection of the sport as too crazy probably indicates there's no real chance of anything worthwhile growing here, but his "parting shot" was pretty uncool, IMO.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

My opinion is ...

It was an entertaining post. And she should do whatever the F she wants! Its her weekend!
Hey, I've been there- trying to explain skydiving to a whuffo who wants to go out with me. Most of them don't get it, and don't want to get it. Guys don't like girls with bigger balls than them! :P

My opinion is ...

It was an entertaining post. And she should do whatever the F she wants! Its her weekend!
Hey, I've been there- trying to explain skydiving to a whuffo who wants to go out with me. Most of them don't get it, and don't want to get it. Guys don't like girls with bigger balls than them! :P

For the record ... Girls with balls rock! :D:D

there are a few of possibilities.

1) she isn't consciencely aware that she isn't into him. all logic tells her she should be interested in him, hot, successful, single, never got a trophy for fucking, ect. she's unsure why things went down the way they did. now she's second guessing herself and trying to figure out what the fuck is going on by bouncing this off a group of people she shares a common interest in.

2) she's a woman and women overthink stuff like this.;)

3) i'm full of shit and really have no idea.

4)= All of the above. :D:D:D:D:D:D

In all honesty, Lucky, if you're asking this group what to do, you're in trouble. You won't get the answer you're looking for. If you are looking for an answer.

And if you are looking for an answer, don't take it. It's the wrong one.

As an aside ... can you get me the cute laywer's number ... ;););););)
'Shell

Damn. Another hot and normal one desperate, whiny, insecure chickensh*t that I'm letting get away...

I just don't want to have to explain myself to anyone...

Ugh. :|

Sorry. But everyone knows I'm a fiend for accuracy. :)
I mean sure, some chicks might find dropping six hooks in one conversation, practically begging for a date, and making it known that his entire weekend is vacant mildly charming. But the poor-me-text message is a clear Man Card infraction.
OrFunV/LocoBoca Rodriguez/Sonic Grieco/Muff Brother #4411
-"and ladies....messin with Robbie is venturing into territory you cant even imagine!-cuz Robbie is

Wow. I'd think you were talking about me, but then it would have been "Ugly Lawyer Dude."

No, I'm pretty sure it would have been "Lawyer Dude That Looks Too Young To Be A Lawyer Dude.".:P
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Maybe invite him to the DZ just to hang out a bit.. As long as he understands that you're also going to be jumping.. Maybe he could bring you a sammich and beer!!! B|

Fixed that for you. Wuffos make great gofers. :)
"Dancing Argentine Tango is like doing calculus with your feet."
-9 toes

Aw, RATS!
You coulda brought him in to the DZ....I have this small legal problem I need a little help with....

Know any good Chiropractors?
Chiros make good dates...they keep things poppin'.

Or even strippers. All DZs need more strippers, right?
Strippers don't make good dates. Something about having to carry around all those small-denominational bills to get them to do anything at all.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

I woke up this morning to these texts:

12:12am - You awake?

12:21am - Sleeping? If you wake up and wanna chat give me a call.

12:33am - Do you always play hard to get?

1:11am - I'm going to sleep. Call me in the morning if you can find time to squeeze me in.

2:00am - I can't sleep if you want to talk.

OK, that shit made my decision even easier.

NO DICE. :P

Always be kinder than you feel.