LuckyMcSwervy

So This Is How It Went Today...

I ran into an old friend in the supermarket on my way home from work tonight. He was looking hot as hell, he's always been a nice guy and he's been divorced a couple of years, no kids....

Hot Lawyer Dude: Would you like to get together Saturday?

Me: Saturday isn't good. I have plans.

Hot Lawyer Dude: Oh yeah? What're you up to?

Me: I'll be at the DZ all day.

Hot Lawyer Dude: You only skydive during the day, right?

Me: For me, yup.

Hot Lawyer Dude: How about I pick you up when you get home?

Me: I'm staying up there and hanging out after sunset. I don't know when I'd be home.

Hot Lawyer Dude: Well, how about lunch on Sunday?

Me: I'll be at the DZ all day again.

Hot Lawyer Dude: You go there both weekend days? Even I only golf on one weekend day! What about dinner Sunday night?

Me: I'll be at the DZ again until after dark. Then Sunday night I go home and get ready for the week. I'm pretty tired if I get to jump.

Hot Lawyer Dude: I'm meeting clients Monday and Tuesday night. How about Wednesday night?

Me: I can't. I'm going to the DZ after work. Jump tickets are cheaper on Wednesday and a lot of my friends will be there.

Hot Lawyer Dude: Are you making all of this up to let me down easy?

Me: Not at all. Hey, why don't you come and do a tandem this weekend?

Hot Lawyer Dude: I don't think so. Skydiving is crazy to me. I would never jump out of a perfectly good airplane! And I don't want to see anyone go splat. Hahahhaa.

Me: Well, that's cool. It's not for everyone. Well, I gotta run. It was good to see you after so many years.

Hot Lawyer Dude: I'll call you in a few weeks to see if you're still into this skydiving thing.

I was about to say "don't bother" but we hugged and left.

I wasn't in my car 5 minutes when I get a text message "you could've just been honest with me and said you weren't interested". I didn't even reply because nothing I would say would be believed anyway...

Damn. Another hot and normal one that I'm letting get away...

I just don't want to have to explain myself to anyone...

Ugh. :|
Always be kinder than you feel.

You think? I thought it wasn't cool to press people into tandems.

Maybe invite him to the DZ just to hang out a bit.. As long as he understands that you're also going to be jumping.. Maybe he could bring you a sammich!!! B|
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

I will refrain from any lawyer jokes, until you give me the thumbs up, but, if he doesnt 'get' jumping, and the DZ, it would not have gone well.

Sorry. [:/]

Fortunately, I'm adhering to a pretty strict, uh, drug, uh, regimen to keep my mind, you know, uh, limber.
--- The Dude ---

Even if he didn't want to do a tandem, just to come out to the DZ and hang out, he'd then just have to give in on his desire to not be there to see someone splat, that was just silly anyway. What did you have to lose in getting him out just to hang out. Once there, who knows if he might have done a jump.

Also, plenty of people have good relationships with SOs that don't jump. It might be good for you if jumping isn't too all-consuming, don't you know?
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

I I didn't even reply because nothing I would say would be believed anyway...

Damn. Another hot and normal one that I'm letting get away...

you could have said "i'm available next thursday" or whenever you are available for dinner.

the truth is you're just not that into him or you would have just rattled off 2 or 3 days in the next couple of weeks that you were free.

"Your scrotum is quite nice" - Skymama
www.kjandmegan.com

You think? I thought it wasn't cool to press people into tandems.

Maybe invite him to the DZ just to hang out a bit.. As long as he understands that you're also going to be jumping.. Maybe he could bring you a sammich!!! B|

I don't want to babysit anyone who is just there to "hang out". Know what I mean? Then I'm distracted... ugh.

Hot isn't everything, good looks are only for a one night adventure and nothing more...

If he doesn't have the right attitude and has the same old whuffo attitude, no point in bothering with him, you won't go far with that...

I'd say sleep with him for kicks and move on with your life..
"Dream as you'll live forever, live as you'll die today." James Dean

Maybe on some level you found it a bit of a turn off that he didn't react so well to the skydiving..

He could drop by after the sunset load and then you could hang out. No chance of anyone going splat from anything much higher than a barstool!!! :P

"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

Even if he didn't want to do a tandem, just to come out to the DZ and hang out, he'd then just have to give in on his desire to not be there to see someone splat, that was just silly anyway. What did you have to lose in getting him out just to hang out. Once there, who knows if he might have done a jump.

Also, plenty of people have good relationships with SOs that don't jump. It might be good for you if jumping isn't too all-consuming, don't you know?

I didn't think of that aspect of it... Hmmm.....

But I'm still in a place where I'm learning to find balance with wanting to be there all the time and blowing stuff off that needs to be taken care of at home.

Damn. Another hot and normal one that I'm letting get away... :|

If you really think he could be "the one" or even "the one you'd like to get to know" would it really hurt to give up the DZ one evening and go on a date?
Many people don't skydive forever. You might be missing out on something hat will last longer for you than jumping.
Be patient with the faults of others; they have to be patient with yours.

But I'm still in a place where I'm learning to find balance with wanting to be there all the time and blowing stuff off that needs to be taken care of at home.

Let us know how that works out for ya ;)
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

Maybe on some level you found it a bit of a turn off that he didn't react so well to the skydiving..

He could drop by after the sunset load and then you could hang out. No chance of anyone going splat from anything much higher than a barstool!!! :P

You know what? I'm thinking I don't want to "mix" my escape place of the DZ with someone who isn't into it. I think my DZ friends would chew him up and spit him out... and tell my secrets and nickname. :D

well yeah i get your point on that, but like Nataly said just getting him out there to hang and he might like it and possibly end up doing a jump, though i think he'd be more open to it if you were on the same load as him. If not then maybe just get him to come out and be an observer on a load. You just have to ease some people into the skydiving community i guess.

Damn. Another hot and normal one that I'm letting get away... :|

If you really think he could be "the one" or even "the one you'd like to get to know" would it really hurt to give up the DZ one evening and go on a date?
Many people don't skydive forever. You might be missing out on something hat will last longer for you than jumping.

I'm definitely not looking for "the one". Been there, done that, got the divorce papers. But... I guess I'm just looking for someone who will be there when it's convenient for me. Does that even make sense?? I know it sounds terribly selfish... it is selfish. If I have to question it I guess I'm being an idiot.

Oh, we climb trees, lockers, ladders and shit like that. :D

Thanks for all of your input, ladies and gentlemen. ;)

I knew that you guys would give me more options that what I already knew.

I'm not one to overthink men at all. I'm very straightforward and I don't play games. For some reason this kinda one kinda bothered me...

I now know what I'm going to do.

Thanks again!! :)

I don't want to babysit anyone who is just there to "hang out". Know what I mean? Then I'm distracted... ugh.

Some people need to "hang out" at the DZ.

They watch tandems, talk to people, become comfortable, do a ride along..

Ya never know.
I am NOT being loud.
I'm being enthusiastic!

I'm not one to overthink men at all. I'm very straightforward and I don't play games. For some reason this kinda one kinda bothered me...

My opinion.

Sit by yourself, quiet time, and ask yourself. :)
Be yourself!
MooOOooOoo

My opinion.

Sit by yourself, quiet time, and ask yourself. :)

Thanks. MUAH! B|