skybytch

Holy crap. I may already be a college graduate.

I've kinda been ignoring my progress toward AA degrees lately. I figured out what I needed to take to transfer several semesters ago so I've just been plugging along, taking what's on my list and watching it grow steadily shorter. At this point, it's down to three classes - 7 more units - and I can transfer to Sac State's government program.

Got curious tonight and checked out the graduation requirements for both general ed and subject specific classes. As of today, I've completed everything I need to complete to receive two AA degrees, one in history and the other in social sciences. The three classes I have left to take are needed for transfer, not for graduation.

Holy crap. Technically anyway, I may already be a college graduate.

Those of you who've known me for a while - do I seem any smarter now? ;)

Hi sky,

Two other guys and I all went the Comm. College first route then transferred to a 4-yr school.

We went to the Dean before transferring about what we had taken, etc. He said "No problem, you'll come in as Juniors.'

Well, after about two months or so, the new Dean would call one or more of us in and tell us that he really could not count 'that' class anymore.

I carried 19 hours my last semester in college; I wanted out. :P

JerryBaumchen

You seemed plenty smart in the first place :P.

Congratulations :)
Wendy P.

There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Way to go Lisa! B|

I admire you... can you give me a swift kick in the ass to get myself motivated and back to school! :ph34r:

g

"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?

Petition to get those AA degrees awarded!! Congrats. (If you don't petition, you will have the courses... but not the degree.)

To smooth your transfer, see if the community college can certify that your general ed qualifies to be transferred AS A BLOCK and will automaticly meet lower division GE requirements at any CA state 4 yr school. If this can be done... the 4-yr school has less opportunity to shaft you over GE courses. I don't know what the California language about this process is any more. If you ask your CC advisor, he or she will likely know all about this.

This can prevent some transfer screw-ups.

Again.... Congrats!
The choices we make have consequences, for us & for others!

Way to go Lisa! B|

I admire you... can you give me a swift kick in the ass to get myself motivated and back to school! :ph34r:

g

and me too....:D
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly

Got curious tonight and checked out the graduation requirements for both general ed and subject specific classes. As of today, I've completed everything I need to complete to receive two AA degrees

How good did that feel? I bet it felt awesome.

Congurats Lisa.:)
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain