BRYANGOESBOOM

Central Tx to State College Pa...

So i haven’t been on this forum in a while but i thought i would give it a shot. Thanks in advance.
I have been offered a position in State College Pa and don’t know anything about the city other than what’s on the net. I have worked in north east Pa before so i know how cold it gets but it was in the sticks and i really didn’t meet anyone other than some guys from Wv. Looking for info about the community, stuff to do, stuff not to do so on.

Thanks,
BGB

Not only will you look better, feel better, and fuck better; you'll have significantly increased your life expectancy. --Douva

I've lived in State College practically my entire life, so I'll give you some info.

It's a fairly small town, with mostly everything within a 10mi radius from downtown. There's plenty of modern stores, and great places to eat. Weather is pretty good year round, and it really depends on what you want to do. If you're an outdoorsman, there's lots of mountain trails, great places to bike, etc. If you're into history, State College, and Boalsburg especially have some very rich history.

It's overall a fairly rural area, so unless the big city type atmosphere is what you like, then I think you'll enjoy it a lot. The roads aren't too complicated, so you'll catch on quick.

Pros:
1. Good mix. of rural country, and college town.
2. Great places to eat. Try checking out the College Diner downtown, and order some grilled stickies.
3. Awesome place to own a mountain bike. Pretty much endless places and trails to go on an adventure.
4. Rich history.
5. No rush hour. Bumper to bumper traffic is very rare.
6. Plenty of modern stores and restaurants.

Cons:
1. Airport can only handle small jets at the most. To fly anywhere for cheap, you usually have to drive to Harrisburg or Philadelphia.
2. I know there's a college skydiving club, but I didn't get into skydiving until the military, so I don't know much about local DZ's.
3. Drunk people shouting, "We Are!" "Penn State!"

If you have more questions, just ask. As I said earlier, I think you'll really enjoy it. I wouldn't mind living there my whole life.
Skydiving: You either learn from other's mistakes, or they'll learn from yours.

Tons of Thanks
Sounds like a fit!
The job comes with season tickets to lions and Steelers so im sure i will be chanting along with the rest of the drunk people. :D

Not only will you look better, feel better, and fuck better; you'll have significantly increased your life expectancy. --Douva

I was there for a conference last year and completely fell inlove with the town. Fresh homemade icecream and milk on every corner including the creamery on campus. The town is nestled in a valley with beautiful mountains all around. The downtown area is pretty cool with a small town college vibe and all types of people. Football...need I say more?

It's been a while Bryan! I hope all is well!!!
I like coconuts. You can break them open and they smell like ladies lying in the sun!

Great to hear
Great to hear from you! Hope you the Rasta and your children are doing well.
Yeah i heard season tickets to both teams and my heart skipped a beat!:o:)
Thanks,
BGB