Freefly pud handle
Freefly mod
Deluxe backpad
Velcro-less toggles
Low profile D ring reserve handle
Mini rings and 21" risers
Riser housings

Also ordered a PDR160R

It was between a Mirage and a Vector 3. My friend put me in contact with Marc Procos, RW's Sales and Marketing Director. He spent a lot of time on the phone with me explaining options and going into detail about the skyhook and it's pros and cons. That conversation pretty much closed the deal for me.
Get in - Get off - Get away....repeat as neccessary

Vector 3M - V347 for a 150 main/160 reserve
Hip rings
Skyhook RSL
Freefly pud handle
Freefly mod
Deluxe backpad
Velcro-less toggles
Low profile D ring reserve handle
Mini rings and 21" risers
Riser housings

Also ordered a PDR160R

It was between a Mirage and a Vector 3. My friend put me in contact with Marc Procos, RW's Sales and Marketing Director. He spent a lot of time on the phone with me explaining options and going into detail about the skyhook and it's pros and cons. That conversation pretty much closed the deal for me.

You'll probably get it before I get my Infinity :(:P
cavete terrae.

Ready for a 150?

I should be by the time I receive it. I consulted with my instructors, my freefly coach (who is AFFI ), and Diablopilot (JP, who is an AFFI) before settling on the container size I ordered.

I actually had instructors and people familiar with my landings/progression trying to steer me towards the 150main/143reserve combo, but opted for the larger 150main/160 reserve combo instead.
Get in - Get off - Get away....repeat as neccessary

I went through the exact same process with Egon, about 3 months ago:)I got my container in 6 weeks (to Oz) and I have about 40 jumps on it and IT's GREATB| You'll love it
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Congrats Hydroguy! It was hard to choose between RWS and SunPath for me. But I am so impressed by RWS even though I jump an Odyssey. I think the Skyhook is an awesome innovation, and these guys have been building great gear for over 30 years. They have the most unique rig on the market at the moment, and I wish my rig could get a SkyHook. I saw Egon doing skyhook demos a while back and it rocks (RIP). But I love my Odyssey with PD canopies! RWS and SP have by far the best rigs on the market IMHO.

Here's my new baby: V350, with a PD176R and Samurai 170. Just got it 3 weeks ago, and already put the Skyhook to use the first week. Had a big spinner, cut away and had a reserve over my head before getting the reserve handle out. Works like a charm.

Check out the goggles on the Hog.

Egon sold me on the Vector and skyhook.

RW is tops!

"You did what?!?!"

MUFF #3722, TDSM #72, Orfun #26, Nachos Rodriguez

ok I will soon be ordering a vector 3 with a pulse 170 and a pdr 160 or a op 176. I know I want semi-stowless d bag, magnetic riser covers. what are the other Must haves?

Skyhook depending on your preference

I believe the Spectra reserve ripcord is standard now, so that is good (you can confirm with them)

With that combination, they will likely recommend a v348, I'd suggest going a little bigger, I have a Safire 2 169 and an Optimum 176, it's pretty snug and with some Vectors, if the bulk isn't distributed just right, will not fit on the shoulders all that well.

I did a couple other mods to mine that they probably wouldn't do ;)
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

With that combination, they will likely recommend a v348, I'd suggest going a little bigger, I have a Safire 2 169 and an Optimum 176, it's pretty snug and with some Vectors, if the bulk isn't distributed just right, will not fit on the shoulders all that well.

yea on sizing a pulse 170 would pack a lot smaller than a safire. It packed a smaller than my spectre 170

I did a couple other mods to mine that they probably wouldn't do

beer holders :) lol

My wife has a Pulse 170 and an Optimum 160 in a Micron 310. That combination might be something to look into. The Optimum reserve flies one size larger and depending on your exit weight might be perfect for you. I would suggest demoing one from PD. A friend who had a reserve ride last year on a Optimum 126 and is 250 w/o gear was able to pop the reserve up at the end and stop it with no run out. Made me switch mine over to Optimum's

As far as options go.... LOAD IT UP!!!!! This rig will last you a very long time and might as well have it all! :D

Articulated harness, deluxe back pad, PADDED LATERALS ARE AMAZING!, custom embroidery.... just make her sexy!!! ;)

Chris
It's Jimmy Time!!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Team-Fast-As-Fuck/6099474213

I want semi-stowless d bag, magnetic riser covers. what are the other Must haves?

IMO? Hip rings.

I love the spacer foam backpad in mine, but I wouldn't say 'must have'. The hip rings, though... definitely get.
--
"I'll tell you how all skydivers are judged, . They are judged by the laws of physics." - kkeenan

"You jump out, pull the string and either live or die. What's there to be good at?

My wife has a Pulse 170 and an Optima 160 in a Micron 310. That combination might be something to look into. The Optima reserve flies one size larger and depending on your exit weight might be perfect for you. I would suggest demoing one from PD. A friend who had a reserve ride last year on a Optima 126 and is 250 w/o gear was able to pop the reserve up at the end and stop it with no run out. Made me switch mine over to Optima's

As far as options go.... LOAD IT UP!!!!! This rig will last you a very long time and might as well have it all! :D

Articulated harness, deluxe back pad, PADDED LATERALS ARE AMAZING!, custom embroidery.... just make her sexy!!! ;)

I didn't know L&B was selling audible altimeters as reserves.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly

My wife has a Pulse 170 and an Optima 160 in a Micron 310. That combination might be something to look into. The Optima reserve flies one size larger and depending on your exit weight might be perfect for you. I would suggest demoing one from PD. A friend who had a reserve ride last year on a Optima 126 and is 250 w/o gear was able to pop the reserve up at the end and stop it with no run out. Made me switch mine over to Optima's

I didn't know L&B was selling audible altimeters as reserves.

OOPS! :$ thats what I get for posting first thing in the morning before I finished my morning Go Fast :D

Chris
It's Jimmy Time!!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Team-Fast-As-Fuck/6099474213

They used to be different rigs, but they took all of the advancements in bridle protection and whatnot and incorporated them into the V3.

(going off of what UPT told me when I asked)

Hi coaster,

The hip rings, though... definitely get.

I just noticed an interesting twist on hip rings on a Vector III.

On the cover of the June 2012 PARACHUTIST magazine, they guy on the left has two hips rings on the lower MLW within ~ 3" of each other.

If someone could upload the cover photo, that would help to show this to people. This old computer-know-nothing cannot do that. :S

JerryBaumchen