DJL

New England Education Help

Well, it's a little late coming but the other thread inspired the question. My first question is, how can you ethically sell barbecue with that molasses sauce crap all over it and then charge extra for slaw? That's like charging extra for the bun and plate.

Also, I was out ice fishing and these dudes kept asking if I wanted some "tree". What the F is "tree"?
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

Well, it's a little late coming but the other thread inspired the question. My first question is, how can you ethically sell barbecue with that molasses sauce crap all over it and then charge extra for slaw? That's like charging extra for the bun and plate.

Also, I was out ice fishing and these dudes kept asking if I wanted some "tree". What the F is "tree"?

Trees are made of wood, right?

So they were asking if you would like some wood!

A big ol' log. Some Pole! I mean they ARE from New England, right?

How was it?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

My first question is, how can you ethically sell barbecue with that molasses sauce crap all over it and then charge extra for slaw? That's like charging extra for the bun and plate.

If it's any consolation, the South doesn't have any decent barbecue, either. They don't even use proper BBQ sauce here in florida; they use some colored vinegar, instead. The result isn't barbecued meat. The result is pickled meat.
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!

Also getting directions is a bitch. I asked this old coot if the road I was on goes to Penobscot. He says back, "Eventually."

They were asking you if you wanted some pot.

Trees are made of wood, right?

So they were asking if you would like some wood!

A big ol' log. Some Pole! I mean they ARE from New England, right?

How was it?

Up here in New England we really don't care what you do in your your bed as long as it doesn't involve children or animals (which I'm sure you see nothing wrong with.)
And as far as I've seen it's the homophobes that have a hankerin' for some big 'ol cock.

Learn to be happy. You can't be there for anybody else in life if you can't learn to be there for yourself.

New Englanders are canny yankees who like to mess with people all the time especially us "Flatlanders"even though I have been here for almost 30 years - I know all their fucked up games. But you were ice fishing so at least you were not labeled a "Conehead"...thats the most despised outsider- usually from Jersey or NYC and are easily identified.

Tree- either they were flat out fucking with you for a laugh or they were offering you a smoke as a lot of the hicks up here oddly do smoke dope even though they are not hippies. But In the Brattleboro area there you got your hybrid hick/hippies- likely what you encountered- just cram a big plug of tobacco in your jaw and start talking about the deer you shot last season and they will leave you be.
Beware of the collateralizing and monetization of your desires.
D S #3.1415

I actually did understand that he was offering some sticky but it was funny to hear it called tree. Yeah, there's definitely every sort around Brat; and it was mostly the good-ole-boys on the ice. Pretty welcoming group. I showed up not knowing shit and everyone got me set up with gear showed me how to do it. I ended up hardly even snowboarding since I was ice fishing all the time.

>mostly the good-ole-boys on the ice.

Yeah I am in with that crew as well and I have even gotten to the point where I sometimes get invited to hunting camp.The Bennington side of the ridge is a little less welcoming- it took me years of proving that not all flatlanders know squat about the woods and streams to get on their good side.
hehe I didn't get to do ANY snowboarding this year either.....cant get myself to pay $75 for the day at MT Snow:D

have you heard this one yet-
Vermont Woodchuck: always outnumbered, sometimes out gunned, but NEVER outsmarted.;)

Beware of the collateralizing and monetization of your desires.
D S #3.1415

cant get myself to pay $75 for the day at MT Snow

NO SHIT! I went there once this year and my most previous boarding had been at Big Sky Montana during one of the best weeks in their history and tickets were about $60/day. I'm convinced that Snow charges that much just to thin the crowds.

Yeah, I've seen a bit of resistance on the secrets but it's mostly because you have to be worried about the favorite holes getting crowded. I definitely understand that since because the place where I icefish was completely depleted by the end of the season. It came to a point that I did a full week plus an overnight and hardly caught squat. That's when I hung it up to wait for open water.