RALFFERS

Terminator: Salvation

Did anyone else see it already? I went to the midnight premeire last night & thought I'd give my opinion, in case others are on the fence about seeing it.

I think it is an absolutely brilliant film! The storyline was great & unique; it added new elements into the story. It's unlike any of the other films. There is no shortage of action-packed scenes; it definitely keeps your interest & on your toes. The cinematography is great, & the music is also good. It infinitely makes up for the disaster of T3. I'm definitely seeing it again! - & I strongly recommend you give it a chance & check it out. You wont be disappointed! B|:)
Dialogue/commentary between Divot, Twardo & myself -

"from your first Oshkosh when the three of us were riding to or from one of

Did anyone else see it already? I went to the midnight premeire last night & thought I'd give my opinion, in case others are on the fence about seeing it.

I think it is an absolutely brilliant film! The storyline was great & unique; it added new elements into the story. It's unlike any of the other films. There is no shortage of action-packed scenes; it definitely keeps your interest & on your toes. The cinematography is great, & the music is also good. It infinitely makes up for the disaster of T3. I'm definitely seeing it again! - & I strongly recommend you give it a chance & check it out. You wont be disappointed! B|:)

Been there Seen it.... LOVED it for all that you pointed out.

Now we just need to wait for Paul to show up and over analyze it and give his usual naysayer critique;)

Been there Seen it.... LOVED it for all that you pointed out.

Now we just need to wait for Paul to show up and over analyze it and give his usual naysayer critique;)

Funny you say that, because as I was writing this post I was thinking: "hmmm, I wonder how Paul is going to respond to this?..."

Ya know, it's amazing how many bad reviews are circulating around the net. You can't please everyone I guess, & to each his own I suppose...but what kind of super crack are people smoking these days?! :S
Dialogue/commentary between Divot, Twardo & myself -

"from your first Oshkosh when the three of us were riding to or from one of

I really liked this new Terminator movie. The critics are correct in pointing out it's 1-dimensional storytelling and wooden acting, but I think it works in the context of this particular film. It is raw & gritty. The movie already expects you to know the storyline.

If you didn't see the first 3 movies, I wonder how long it would take to figure out why Kyle Reese is so important? Did they ever actually give a clear explanation? I can't remember, so I'm guessing no.

I just think a non-Terminator fan would be lost.

It was better than T3.

**Spoiler**

That scene with Arnold Schwarzenegger was unbelievable. It was like a time warp to the 1984 Terminator. Think Benjamin Button.

.... I want to step outside my workaday life with a little fiction and entertainment..

I thought that was the purpose of Speakers Corner.:|
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

.... I want to step outside my workaday life with a little fiction and entertainment..

I thought that was the purpose of Speakers Corner.:|

Yeah.. but a cerrtain mod bans me so often due to their reading comprehension issues that its important to have other outlets.:D:D

**Spoiler**

That scene with Arnold Schwarzenegger was unbelievable. It was like a time warp to the 1984 Terminator. Think Benjamin Button.

No Governors were harmed in the making of this film. B|

- I thought it was a "fun" movie. I was so entertained that I kept crawling up my chair to get away from those nasty robots.

I hope you're right about this one. Ive been burned the last two outings to the movies.

Star Trek and Angels and Demons both sucked big time.

Star Trek sucks????? Damn..... it sucks to hear that! I went and saw Angels and Demons last night....... not good at all. Well I have faith in Terminator, Transformers, and G.I. Joe!

P.s. The new travolta/washington movie looks pretty good.
Life is all about ass....either you're kicking it, kissing it, working it off, or trying to get a piece of it.
Muff Brother #4382 Dudeist Skydiver #000
www.fundraiseadventure.com

I hope you're right about this one. Ive been burned the last two outings to the movies.

Star Trek and Angels and Demons both sucked big time.

I'm sorry but have to disagree. I being a treker since the beginning thought is was great! It was fun trying to figure out who was playing whom. All the little (known) phrases were used and they even had the manor isms down. I'm going to add it to my collection.

Sorry you didn't like it. :S

Skydiving gave me a reason to live
I'm not afraid of what I'll miss when I die...I'm afraid of what I'll miss as I live

Star Trek sucks?????

I understand why people are saying Star Trek & Terminator suck.

Neither movie offered any real insight or thought provoking dialog. Just cool CGI effects and action sequences. I liked both movies for what they are, not what they should have been.

Star Trek Nemesis (the last Star Trek film) was in fact a very good movie that didn’t do well at the box office because it lacked mainstream appeal.

Truly great films rarely achieve broad spectrum acceptance. Most moviegoers need their entertainment to be spoon fed to them.

Easily digestible plots, simple dialog & PG-13 action. Nothing too harsh or complicated. Every movie must have a beginning, middle & happy ending. If you dare to change this formula, you risk alienating the retard audience.

Anybody remember “Independence Day” w/ Will Smith? What a fucking stupid film that was, yet so successful, it resurrected Will Smith’s career!

Movie studios exist to make good money, not good art.

Fall/Wintertime, during awards season, generally produce more cerebral movies. Think “There will be blood” or “No country for old men”

If you want to blame anyone for these types of movies, look in the mirror. You are the ones buying the tickets. RETARDS!;)

Pity. You're going to be disappointed then because I LIKED it.

I have a few minor quibbles like, how come John Conner sounds so much like Batman, but . . . overall I liked it more than Star Trek and WAYYYY more than Angels & Demons.

I'm trying to reconcile why I let some things "go" in some movies and not in others. I think a lot of it has to do with a reality level the movie is trying to create in the minds of the audience. I can't quite put my finger on it, but the big three I've mentioned in this post are probably good examples.

Star Trek ORIGINAL SERIES, the "canon" of this pretty much matches up with my personal definition of classic science fiction; take a topic and explore it by setting it in a different world, mix in just enough "science" with the fiction to disguise the obvious and play with some interesting concepts.

So, going into Star Trek (the current movie) throws me a bit because they're not following the traditional style of the series. Far less cerebral and far more, "let's kick some Romulan ass." It loses me on first viewing. HOWEVER, on second viewing it seems like a much better film. Ok, interesting.

Angels & Demons, set more or less in current day with all the trappings of how OUR REAL UNIVERSE works. I'm far less likely to cut them ANY slack when something as stupid as the helicopter/parachute scene takes place because they've spent so much time telling the audience it's "real" by including elements that really do happen starting right up front with how Papal deaths are handled, TV coverage, Swiss Guard . . .

Terminator Salvation, pretty much a world that relies on the idea of time travel, killer robots and shit blowing up. In this world, they deliver pretty much exactly what you expect and in some cases even rip themselves off (or pay homage, you decide). Again, minor quibbles, but because they've delivered on the promise of what the movie is supposed to be about, a LOT easier to overlook at least a few instances of cheese. Somehow, even though a bridge I know doesn't exist in southern California is in the movie, it's still easier to deal with.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

I liked it (not loved it).

It's no T1 or T2, but it's WAY better than T3 and I'm surprised that some critics who claim to be fans of the series like T3 over T-Salvation.

There were definitely some cheeseball moments, but I liked the direction they took. It was WAY better than that pile of trash Wolvernine!

Thumbs up for me.

Ian
Performance Designs Factory Team

Star Trek sucks?????

I understand why people are saying Star Trek & Terminator suck.

Neither movie offered any real insight or thought provoking dialog. Just cool CGI effects and action sequences. I liked both movies for what they are, not what they should have been.

Star Trek Nemesis (the last Star Trek film) was in fact a very good movie that didn’t do well at the box office because it lacked mainstream appeal.

Truly great films rarely achieve broad spectrum acceptance. Most moviegoers need their entertainment to be spoon fed to them.

Easily digestible plots, simple dialog & PG-13 action. Nothing too harsh or complicated. Every movie must have a beginning, middle & happy ending. If you dare to change this formula, you risk alienating the retard audience.

Anybody remember “Independence Day” w/ Will Smith? What a fucking stupid film that was, yet so successful, it resurrected Will Smith’s career!

Movie studios exist to make good money, not good art.

Fall/Wintertime, during awards season, generally produce more cerebral movies. Think “There will be blood” or “No country for old men”

If you want to blame anyone for these types of movies, look in the mirror. You are the ones buying the tickets. RETARDS!;)

What about the Dark Knight? One of the highest grossing films of all time, yet in my opinion a truly great film.

As far as Terminator goes - it was an action movie that had the Terminator characters. It wasn't T1 or T2, but orders of magnitude better than T3 (as others have said).

My favorite parts of the movie had nothing to do with the plot or the action sequences. I liked that the director tried to really give the fans of the previous films little homages like [POSSIBLE SPOILER] in the final fight sequence against the T-800, there were a lot of shots that were almost exact remakes of the fight between Kyle Reese and the T-800 in the first movie or the Arnie terminator and the T-1000 in the second movie. Also, the use of GNR to lure the motorcycle was a neat touch too.

Still, it didn't really add to the mythos any, which is disappointing since there's so much there and since the TV show (which really adheres to your theory of the 'mainstream entertainment has to be dumb' - it was a smart show that just couldn't get the ratings to stay on) was so good in expanding this story and this universe.

I'd like to see it again to see if I can pick out anything else. Overall it was a fun action movie but not one that really added anything.

I enjoyed the movie. It was fun, even though some fanboi's might be upset. I especially liked the outstanding transition that Bale did when his AR went dry. It was smooth and fast, but not frantic. His left hand pulled the forestock down and left while his right hand unhooded the Safariland thigh holster, making a clean break and draw. He obviously did some training with someone who knew what they were doing for this movie.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I enjoyed the movie. It was fun, even though some fanboi's might be upset. I especially liked the outstanding transition that Bale did when his AR went dry. It was smooth and fast, but not frantic. His left hand pulled the forestock down and left while his right hand unhooded the Safariland thigh holster, making a clean break and draw. He obviously did some training with someone who knew what they were doing for this movie.

It's funny how gun people notice things like that.

I was watching "Uncommon Valor" yesterday, where Gene Hackman leads some Vietnam Vets back into the country to rescue POWs.

Gene was zeroing an M1 Garand, and a spotter called out "low and right". Gene turned the windage and elevation knobs one click each, fired another shot, and the spotter says "hit". The only problem was, he turned the elevation knob the wrong way. Instead of "up" to compensate for being low, he turned it down, which would have actually made the next shot even lower than the first one.