freeflygirlz

Mirage G4 options?

A fellow jumper is thinking about getting a Mirage G4. He is doing Freefly and Wing-suit and jumping a 135 sqft. Main.
What do you think about the G4? Which options would you recommend?
What do you think about the wingsuit-option??
Do you like the Inset Stabalizers?
Is the split bag comfortable at packing?
Do you like the freefly hackey handle?
Anything you do not like at all about this gear??

Any comments, postive and negative are very apreciated!
Thanks and blue skies!

Hopefully he has wide shoulders.
My d-bag is built to fit a 120 - 135, the shoulder straps slide off my shoulders all the time. I was told by Mirage that "since I have such a large canopy they have to build the yoke wider". so I just have to be fine w/ the slippage (I have the chest strap tightened to about 4" apart & leg straps almost cutting off circulation) there's nothing that can be done about it.

Other than that I love my G4!! Pretty much everything is standard on it (unisyss & stainless are pretty much the only options). It is super comfy & you learn to pack w/ the split bag. I can easily fit my spectre 150 in it w/o the split I think that would be rather more difficult.

There is no can't. Only lack of knowledge or fear. Only you can fix your fear.

PMS #227 (just like the TV show)

I have 3 G4's as of right now and couldn't be happier with them. Very comfortable and very easy to pack despite many people complaining about the split d-bag. It was just a matter of getting used to the new design and then no more complaints from packers. And by the way, you can now get a regular bag for the G4 as an option so if you are worried about it just go with the regular dbag. I found this rig the most comfortable for freeflying out of any container I ever owned. I was a Sunpath owner for many years until I first tried a G3 and was sold on Mirage ever since. All in all they are the best feeling and most durable rigs I have ever owned that being in my humble opinion. And I have always had nothing but great customer service from them no matter what the problem they were always available to help. Good luck.

There are 3 kinds of people in this world, those that know how to count, and those who don't.

I have a Mirage G4 that I use mostly for AFF dives, but have done about 100 wingsuit dives on too. When I built a dedicated wingsuit rig, I chose the G3 simply because it was cheaper. My G4 now has 500 dives on it, and there's not a mark on it, not a loose thread - nothing.

I'm completely satisfied in every way.

t
It's the year of the Pig.

Yes, I'm replying to myself - oh, well. I just need to get it out there that my Mirage has been fixed!! Yea! now it is perfect!! When tightened to jump run ready I can barely even pull the shoulders off my shoulders. The "big guy" took a full inch out of the harness under each mud flap & all the stagger out the leg strap attachment (the webbing between the leg straps & the hip rings).

Now it is the most comfortable rig ever!! There are no con's to a Mirage. Also, I believe that the person at the company that gave me cr*p for my complaint was actually full of cr*p - I've been basically promised that Mirage does not agree with what was said in the first place.

Anyway, I complain when stuff is wrong & I give praise when things go well. Now things are great & I am giving praise to Mirage!

There is no can't. Only lack of knowledge or fear. Only you can fix your fear.

PMS #227 (just like the TV show)