nigel99

ART or Crap?

Browsing the work of a famous "artist" this is one of their works.

Firstly can anyone name the artist?
Secondly do you think I am pulling your leg and this is a drawing of mom by a 5 year old kid?
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

yeah - I am pretty amazed at the "standard" of this persons work.

I am pretty sure that regurgitating this shit does not take artistic talent - however I would employ her as a sales marketing person any time cause she could obviously sell sand to an arab.
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

Browsing the work of a famous "artist" this is one of their works.

Firstly can anyone name the artist?
Secondly do you think I am pulling your leg and this is a drawing of mom by a 5 year old kid?

That would be pretty exceptional for a five year old.

It reminds me of an art assignment I had in high school for which we had to draw an object in ~5 minutes, but were not allowed to look at or lift our pencils from the paper. Only those with natural artistic talent were able to obtain results that remotely resembled the object we were supposed to be drawing.
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!

Ah yes -- contour drawing :)
Looking at the picture, it's trying to make a statement that I don't think I'm interested in hearing, but the proportions are there, and the muscle tension apparent in the pose is just right.

To me, it's art that I'm not interested in. Kind of like Jackson Pollock.

Wendy P.

There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Tracey Emin and I think her work is s**t - she is so far up her own arse that you can only see the soles of her feet!

At least the 'tent' was destoryed by fire

Ashley

Jeez - I am amazed that you knew who it was, if I hadn't seen this attributed to her I would genuinely have thought it was a child.

Although I am obviously not an art buff as from the other posts (Wendy and Chris) I didn't know that people would intentionally inhibit themselves - such as drawing something without looking at it).

Funny, when I saw the title of this thread, I wondered if it was going to be about Jackson Pollock.

But when I clicked on the picture, I had no idea who the artist was. And I'll agree that it's art that I'm not interested in.

a drawing of mom by a 5 year old kid?

Coming from a 5yrs old...that's pretty impressive. Otherwise I was going to say ART ON CRACK
"Love is doing small things with great love."

Lacrosse: Legally beating men with sticks since 1492

The definition of art has degraded to the point that I could take a crap and call it art ... so it's both art and crap.

There's a great movie from the early 70s you should see called "Little Murders".

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0067350/

One sub-plot involves/revolves around this concept.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

The definition of art has degraded to the point that I could take a crap and call it art ... so it's both art and crap.

This has to be posted here :D

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

There's a great movie from the early 70s you should see called "Little Murders".

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0067350/

One sub-plot involves/revolves around this concept.

+1 on Little Murders! One of my favorite quotes from the movie... "..If they'll stop at nothing, then, does tha tmean if we do nothing they will stop? "
Fortunately, I'm adhering to a pretty strict, uh, drug, uh, regimen to keep my mind, you know, uh, limber.
--- The Dude ---

Ah yes -- contour drawing :)
Looking at the picture, it's trying to make a statement that I don't think I'm interested in hearing, but the proportions are there, and the muscle tension apparent in the pose is just right.

Wendy P.

That's the name I was looking for, contour drawing. I could remember the assignment (actually a series of them), but not the name.

Art was never my best subject in school. Unfortunately, since my older brother is a naturally talented artist, it always seemed like my art teachers, who all remembered him from two years previous, were disappointed that I didn't share his talent.
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!