millertime24

YAYYY I passed my PT test!!

Guinness...It's good for you! :)

I saw an old ass sign in Guyana hanging in front of a store that said "Guinness, a meal in a bottle" and I've lived by it ever since.:D
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

In a couple of weeks our PT officer is conducting a muscle building class and I think Ill take that in addition to my usual cardio. Ill get it maxed sooner or later.

Here's an easy way to improve your push up or sit up score. Do this every day for 2 weeks and you will smoke the PT test. It works even better if you have a buddy doing it with you. Throughout the work day, on the half hour( 0930,1030-1330,1430,1500)every 1/2 hour do 10 push ups and then 25 sit ups or 50 flutter kicks. Do that until COB, repeat the next day for 2 weeks.

you can do more/less than 10 PUs dependent on your your conditioning, same for the abs. It takes just a few minutes to do throughout the day and the improvements are significant.

We used to do that every time we got out of or into a vehicle if there was time.

It made up for that fact we were not walking or running to our destination.

maybe i missed it but what is this pt test for? i know the marines have one of the hardest pt's to qualify for with 20 pull ups, 100 crunches in 2 min, and 3 mile run in 18 min for a perfect score of 300 and a minimum of 225 to pass. Best ive made so far is a 262... Sorry but by what your saying, this pt would be a breeze!

Think about it. This test might seem to be a "breeze" for a soldier or Marine, but that's because it was designed for the Air Force, a branch of the military whose personnel generally aren't trained to carry rucks around, kick down doors, and kill people. Sure, we have people who can do that (PJ's, combat controllers, etc.), and they have their own fitness standards they have to live up to in addition to the Air Force standards. Talking about what the Marines have to do is just comparing apples to oranges.
The best things in life are dangerous.