millertime24

YAYYY I passed my PT test!!

LMFcockO!!

that YAAAYYY shit made me pee my pants...

you suck dude, you barely made it sounds like....

oohh look.... I can send a yellow stream clear over the hood of a volkswagon beetle

:D

post pictures of your sisters boobies please

if you want a friend feed any animal
Perry Farrell

Not like its really that hard, but I got 55crunches, 38pushups, 11:27 1.5mi run, and my sexy 32" waist measurement. Its great to see that the West Plains boogie didn't ruin me.;)

Really man, like we don't have enough image problems in the AF?

On another note I was back in Ogden in March and didn't see you there.

wow really....what PT test is that???

I was thinking the same thing myself. But if thats a passing score, good job on passing the PT test Mike.:)
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

I was thinking the same thing myself. But if thats a passing score, good job on passing the PT test Mike.:)

not only that...i was also thinking ....even is he was to take our 2 mile run test....he would still be about 12:00-12:30 ...which is awsome run time
"Professor of Pimpology"~~~Bolas

not only that...i was also thinking ....even is he was to take our 2 mile run test....he would still be about 12:00-12:30 ...which is awsome run time

Ive actually been focusing more on the running part and not hitting the gym as much. My run time 6mo ago was 12:08 and this time Ive managed to drop it down to 11:27. Also I weighed 184lbs last time and this time it was 167lbs (damnit I thought my canopy was getting slower). Oh, and running here is a bit different than running at sea level. We're at 4500'msl which puts us just under the high altitude mark(makes you not have to run as fast). In a couple of weeks our PT officer is conducting a muscle building class and I think Ill take that in addition to my usual cardio. Ill get it maxed sooner or later.
Muff #5048

Awww MAN I miss the military sometimes!! I used to be in pretty decent shape... When I was on my 3's, the PT instructors clocked that I was a great motivational tool..

They used to get me to do the shuttle run with all their courses... The thing is that you actually get better at it when you know exactly how to pace yourself.. So I used to be able to get to level 11 or 12, which I think is pretty darned good, given you only need like level 3 to pass!!!

There's something about a girl doing the test that encourages a lot of guys to just suck it up and push themselves that little bit harder!!! :P:ph34r::D Guess a lot of men just don't like being beaten by a girl!!!

"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

Back in 03-04, it used to be 80 push ups and 90 sit ups (both in 2 minutes), and 8:50 for the mile and a half run. No waist measurement, which is the most ridiculous thing to incorporate into a PT test.

I agree... and they've started measuring the BMI which is also kind of dumb... although it only affects anything if you have a BMI under 25...
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

Congrats on passing the PT test!!!

I gotta agree, a BMI is not a good way to measure someones health. It even states in most of the BMI tests that it may overestimate body fat in athletes and others who have a muscular build and underestimate body fat in older persons and others who have lost muscle mass.

2 minutes must be nice, my PT test was the beep test (or 13km ruck with 50lbs in less then 2h28min) max continuous pushups (if you stop you are done) and situps in 1 minute. Also hand grip strength is measured.

Timed run didnt come into play until the airborne jump course where it was situps, chinups, and a 1 mile run. managed to do the 1 mile in 6min15s, 12 chinups (i need work on them) and 55 situps in 1 min. Im outa shape and need work (besides the run, not too bad with that)
The Altitude above you, the runway behind you, and the fuel not in the plane are totally worthless
Dudeist Skydiver # 10

I do 85 Sit ups, 80 Push Ups and a 13:30 2 mile run...

got me by 7 on pu and su.. but man ur run is sloow hehe;)
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

In a couple of weeks our PT officer is conducting a muscle building class and I think Ill take that in addition to my usual cardio. Ill get it maxed sooner or later.

Here's an easy way to improve your push up or sit up score. Do this every day for 2 weeks and you will smoke the PT test. It works even better if you have a buddy doing it with you. Throughout the work day, on the half hour( 0930,1030-1330,1430,1500)every 1/2 hour do 10 push ups and then 25 sit ups or 50 flutter kicks. Do that until COB, repeat the next day for 2 weeks.

you can do more/less than 10 PUs dependent on your your conditioning, same for the abs. It takes just a few minutes to do throughout the day and the improvements are significant.
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

In a couple of weeks our PT officer is conducting a muscle building class and I think Ill take that in addition to my usual cardio. Ill get it maxed sooner or later.

Here's an easy way to improve your push up or sit up score. Do this every day for 2 weeks and you will smoke the PT test. It works even better if you have a buddy doing it with you. Throughout the work day, on the half hour( 0930,1030-1330,1430,1500)every 1/2 hour do 10 push ups and then 25 sit ups or 50 flutter kicks. Do that until COB, repeat the next day for 2 weeks.

you can do more/less than 10 PUs dependent on your your conditioning, same for the abs. It takes just a few minutes to do throughout the day and the improvements are significant.

Thanks man. Ill definately give it a few months of trial then post the results.. As for right now its beer drinking time.;)
Muff #5048

I do 85 Sit ups, 80 Push Ups and a 13:30 2 mile run...

got me by 7 on pu and su.. but man ur run is sloow hehe;)

Well Im working on it. You should try going up 4500" and giving it a shot. the o2 just isnt enough.[:/]
Muff #5048

I am still trying to figure out a way to get in shape and stay in shape by only drinking beer. If I am successful skydivers the world over will be forever in my debt;)

I'll let you in on the secret......drink Guinness, it works for me;)
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING