sangiro

Calling all Scuba Divers

Heya all, :)
We just launched a new scuba diving site and I know there are quite a few of you who dive as well so I wanted to let you know.

We started developing Divetime.com before we sold the other 3 sites to NM. I originally wanted to just let it die, sit back and not build web sites for a while, but we were really having fun creating the site and at the time we'd already built up quite an asset in the dive site database. I decided to keep going and I'm glad we did.

We really enjoyed building this site. Since it was done from scratch we were able to focus on the actual site and functionality for a while without being "distracted" by the day to day running of a large community.

Divetime.com utilizes the same basic framework as DZ.com and our other sites, so the interface will feel familiar to you. We've have however taken the time to not only get rid of a lot of the noise that exists in terms of functionality on some of the other sites but also to evolve some of the features that we liked on here, but that wasn't functioning the way we wanted it to. There's still a lot of stuff that can be improved, but we're very happy with the end result.

Drop in, if anything check out the database of more than 5,300 dive sites, and give us your feedback. This is by far the largest database of dive sites we can find online, and we plan to rapidly grow this to 10,000 sites. Feel free to list and add your own favourite diving spots.

Drop me a PM on there if you're interested in helping in any way... we're looking for "area managers" to help manage the dive sites in specific areas on the globe, article contributors and just generally cool people to hang out with!

I've got a few people looking after Divetime.com for me, and we've got a whopping 16 registered users at the moment... most of which are developers, testers and family. :ph34r:
Safe swoops
Sangiro

Ok..

Thanks for the new site HH

I look forward to a lot of new info for me... all my stuff is old and I gave up diving up here in the cold water anyway. There is some great diving here but I have been hypothermic a few times to many...

I will stick to diving in the tropics when I travel:D

Looks like it'll be a good place... especially once you get a few people onboard!

Yeah, thanks for signing up! W're going to focus on growing the value that the site delivers, especially from a dive site perspective, and I trust the community will shape and form over time. :)
You, Amazon and Squeak almost doubled our user-base by joining. Hehehe! :ph34r:
Safe swoops
Sangiro

I am looking forward to the gear stuff..

What is this gear stuff you speak of? We already have a catalog of almost 6,000 gear items on the site... we've partnered with LeisurePro, so you can buy your new gear online via Divetime.com. :)
Safe swoops
Sangiro

I'm not a scubadiver, but the site looks nice and comfortably familiar.

May the "deep seas" (or whatever the equivalent is) forum be empty/unnecessary for a long time...
"That formation-stuff in freefall is just fun and games but with an open parachute it's starting to sound like, you know, an extreme sport."
~mom

i just registered. Thanks for what looks like another great site to waste time at work:D I will add some info on a couple local dive sites in the San Antonio, TX area later this afternoon.:)

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.

We really enjoyed building this site. Since it was done from scratch we were able to focus on the actual site and functionality for a while without being "distracted" by the day to day running of a large community.

It's beautiful! :)
I am DYING to dive regularly again. There is no recreational sport I enjoy more.
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

yeah!!! another playground for me to be in. doc and i get about 100 dives a year ----so will add some photography stuff and places where we have been eventually. looks like its going to be fun.;)

DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!

You will have some catching up to do[Wink]

Maybe i was just "pre-banned" from the site. I never received the validation email - it's not in my spam box. i've been told it got resent, but it's still not there. I emailed the admin and still got nothing.[:/]

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

Your on there as a member..

But it won't let me log in. :(

I get this:

Existing Divetime.com Users
Your email address has not yet been validated. We've sent another verification email. If you do not receive it, please contact the site administrator.

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!