floridadiver81

Nintendo Wii skydiving game.

I viewed the PS3 skydiving game trailer and thought about a game for the Wii considering the games controlling technology. I know im lower than a newbie in the skydiving world but from my extremely limited experience and all the videos i have seen...alot of the freefall movement is done with the hands and arms. I know you can maneuver with legs too but im told that comes with experience.

So my thought is: Do ya'll think Nintendo should make a skydiving based game for their console and if they did and you own the system would you buy it if the creators did a decent job at designing it(hopefully better than the PS3).
"Age has absolutely nothing to do with knowledge, learning, respect, attitude, or personality." -yardhippie
"Fight the air, and the air will kick your ass!!! "-Specialkaye

The Wii's graphics are 480i vs 1080 on the PS3 so its not even in the same ball park. If all you are wanting is awsome looking graphics the PS3 or even 360 with HDMI is the way to go. The Wii is a platform that is well suited for something like a skydiving game, expecially once the balence board comes out in another 2-3 months. The whole game could be done with inputs from the arm waiving and the balence on the board to do things like turn or flip.

BTW, Super Mario Galaxy is just a fun game. Kristi and I played for probally 3 hours the other night.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

hey, graphics don't make a game buddy. I am a hardcore gamer and I can tell you are not. The Wii is blowing everything else out in sales. It sold more in less than a year than the 360 did in 2 years. The Wii is the only nex gen system. The game play is much better on the Wii.

hey, grpahics don't make a game buddy. I am a hardcore gamer and I can tell you are not. The Wii is blowing everything else out in sales. It sold more in less than a year than the 360 did in 2 years. The Wii is the only nex gen system. The game play is much better on the Wii.

[:/][:/]

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

Well, the Wii can do 480p so you are wrong. Yes, the PS3 (I have both) does up to 1080p but only 2 games do true 1080p, everything else is upscaled so it is not true. As I said before the Wii is killing everything else with it fresh new way of playing. Most people think you have to wave you arms around sooooooo much. You can put as much movment into it as you want. It is also used in hospitals to help older people regain movment from strokes....not so bad anymore is it??????One more thing, you can do 1080p on component cables. You do NOT need HDMI at all even though that is what I have on my PS3. Your right that the PS3 is not even in the same ball park. Sony has not made $1 off the PS3 yet. Each month they still sell more PS2 and make money of the all the PS2 sold.....

Well, the Wii can do 480p so you are wrong. Yes, the PS3 (I have both) does up to 1080p but only 2 games do true 1080p, everything else is upscaled so it is not true. As I said before the Wii is killing everything else with it fresh new way of playing. Most people think you have to wave you arms around sooooooo much. You can put as much movment into it as you want. It is also used in hospitals to help older people regain movment from strokes....not so bad anymore is it??????One more thing, you can do 1080p on component cables. You do NOT need HDMI at all even though that is what I have on my PS3. Your right that the PS3 is not even in the same ball park. Sony has not made $1 off the PS3 yet. Each month they still sell more PS2 and make money of the all the PS2 sold.....

:o:|

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

Calm down man. Chill, go do a jump or something. This is a discussion. This is not a thread where you know more than the rest of us. This is a thread where we all have an opinion. Btw, I also own a PS3, PS2, PSP, and did own a Wii. I have an opinion and you can get use to that.

I dont give a shit what you think about sales and figures. You can be all the 'hard core gamer' you want.

Sorry but, computer games are not that important in my life to where i would ever want to call myself a 'hard-core gamer'.
Would rather put time into the true passion of my life. Skydiving.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

happy new year and thanks.

does anyone know this guy

Never heard of him....but man....I thought this was a funny thread! I suck at both golf and bowling in real life, but have been kicking butt on my son's Wii.:)
I always tell people that the bowling and golfing instructors told me to take up skydiving[:/]:D
Mrs. WaltAppel

All things work together for good to them that love God...Romans 8:28

wii could never make a better design than a playstation 3 unless you want lots of marios falling out of the sky.

The "realistic" akydiving games nearly always contain annoying errors that are apparent even in the trailers, like insanely quick canopy openings every time and "bravery points" for pulling low, just to mention the last one I saw.

Marios, Luigi and a couple of friends turning points, on the other hand, would be cool.
Relax, you can die if you mess up, but it will probably not be by bullet.

I'm a BIG, TOUGH BIGWAY FORMATION SKYDIVER! What are you?

I am sure it would be for some people.

No matter what sport you are involved in if you find a game for that sport you will always find errors or unrealistic faults.

I think a realistic game and graphics where you start as a fresh aff student and then go through the motions to become a champion would be fantastic if it was realistic. The preview i saw though looks lame.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

I heard a rumour that Microsoft are looking at developing motion-sensing controllers. I guess that's inevitable, and unless Nintendo have the technology patented so tightly that nobody else can do something similar, it can only be a matter of time since it's clearly such a great selling point.

But I don't think anyone will produce a properly realistic skydiving game because too few customers in the target market would know or care about the difference. However, if it does happen I look forward to the Pack Job mini-game. Not!

By the way, I hope to God we're not going to start seeing rows developing about who's got the best toys. I've seen death threats issued elsewhere on the web just because someone didn't like someone else's choice of MP3 player. It's hilarious and a little depressing :D. Imagine the carnage in the Gear & Rigging forum if things get personal!

That said, while the BASE game has amazing visuals, the new Wii Sports skydiving game will probably bring in more 'new skydivers'. Maybe not, but some will google for more information, and be curious what it takes to "fly in the sky", even if it's just a tandem...

Wii Sports is the world's most popular videogame, and Wii Sports Resort is the sequel -- and the videogame industry is bigger than in the "Drop Zone" movie days (1995) that led to some small boom in new skydivers. Dropzones may wish to take advantage of this opportunity.