Malfunctionmeg

Buyer Beware

Seems that there are alot of people here who cannot believe that someone might have had bad experience with their trusted dealer...
I think everyone should be ready to take some criticism...

I, too, had a not-so-good experience with Square 1...
Nothing too dramatic but still left a bad taste in mouth.

Ordered an DVD movie from there, via internet (online store). Specified it to be an PAL format... I think it was only available as PAL...

Anyway... as it arrived to me, it seemed to be the right film... but on VHS?!?

Ok, send it back to the store, own expence. Then, after speaking to Dom, he understood it was their mistake.

So, he fed-exed the DVD to me... with another bill. The original order was already paid thru the net with Visa. So now there is double billing, and triple postage (the first order, the returning and the second delivery.)

Well, the bill was taken off and Dom promised to refund the one extra postage paid back to the Visa account. Still haven't seen it and it's been a year... :S

We're talking small amounts here, like 6 bucks or something... but still. It's not the way to handle with your customers.

BUT THEN... I visit Perris... and I had already decided to give Square 1 another chance. Left my helmet to Finland, thinking about buying a new one from the store in Perris.

Absolutely great service, nice helmet selection on the shelf, much cheaper price than I would've got it in Finland. Cheap rubberbands also! (yep, it's coming... wait for it...)

So seems like they can serve their customers well too... but something might have to be done for net/phone ordering system... or not? Flame me if you will...

There's one thing though... like many of you mentioned... the god darn rubber bands keep breaking... Also very often when I get back to the packing area their all twisty-curly... Should I ask my money back? :P

Greetings from Finland, Jan :)

Seems that there are alot of people here who cannot believe that someone might have had bad experience with their trusted dealer...

And you didn't complain on a public forum did you? Well, NOW you did, but you know what I mean ;)

If people can write about bad experiences with a given company, why can't people also talk about good ones?

ciel bleu,
Saskia

And you didn't complain on a public forum did you? Well, NOW you did, but you know what I mean ;)

If people can write about bad experiences with a given company, why can't people also talk about good ones?

I think this thread is evidence they can.

I just happen to work in a customer service. So I am the lucky employee that has to go to those “Customer Service” seminars to learn how to treat customers better. (Like I need that)
Well a very interesting fact that I have learned. One unhappy customer will tell everyone with in earshot about a bad experience. But will only tell one or two people about a good experience. How sad is it that.
It is these people that wonder why they are always receiving bad service. Maybe a quick look in the mirror could help a lot of people's problems with poor customer service.
Just my 2 cents.
if fun were easy it wouldn't be worth having, right?

No, my multiple e-mails to you have not been answered.

Hi Kate,

I had the same problem when I had an ebay auction (non-skydiving-related) and a customer wanted to buy from me.

I found out the problem was because a spam filter was eating up my emails. It appears that spam filters at places like hotmail are becoming too over-eager and eating a few valid emails in the process.

Something to keep in mind, since spam filters has occasionally become a "third party" causing problems in relationships between companies and clients. Just so you know!

This may not have affected you, but something worth mentioning, anyway...

I also had problems with the customer service @ square 1. Was basically insulted because I used their coloring program (free online) but ordered elsewhere (for a better price, sorry I'm not rich!)

Glad it worked out for, good customer service means good for everyone. A company must be looked at for the bad feedback, not for only the good.

I also had problems with the customer service @ square 1. Was basically insulted because I used their coloring program (free online) but ordered elsewhere (for a better price, sorry I'm not rich!)

Glad it worked out for, good customer service means good for everyone. A company must be looked at for the bad feedback, not for only the good.

It's not free for them online. The development and the bandwidth for that software costs them money. It's a marketing tool that failed with you. I'm sure that the marketing idea is that you will be greatful for the program and the help it provided you, and that gratitude would turn into a sale.

They provide software and bandwidth for you to make your decision, and when you use it and then don't buy from them, I can understand how they would be frustrated.

I can respect that. Unfortunately, though, when you provide that type of stuff online of course not everyone who uses it is going to buy from you. I asked on here where I could find a coloring program and was told that I could find it there. It ended up in the running in places to buy from, but I had to go with the best price and that came from someone i'd ordered from in the past so I went with them.

Regardless, though, when something frusterates you (like someone uses a program, or inquires something of you that they don't buy) you should still leave with your head up, no need to say things that leave them feeling insulted and with a bad taste in their mouth.

Oh, and I was writing from my tablet pc before, which is why the typos (handwriting recognition is bad for people with poor writing skills.)

Anyhow, we'll leave it at that. I had a bad experience with just one sales rep, not the company as a whole and I didn't get anything so no bad product or anything.

-a

Wow, I'm reading this posting and I have to say I'm in total shock. I have ordered 7 complete rigs along with mains and bunches of other gear from Square 1 and Square 2 and have never had anything but good luck. I feel really bad for what this person had to go through but my God I can't see this not being a complete misunderstanding. I have had rigs ordered before I even paid for them from these guys with literally zero pressure from their end. That's customer service and trust to the utmost if I do say so myself. As a business owner I hate seeing these kinds of postings and thinking that it somehow could have been avoided. I sometimes but rarely have a customer who will tell me one thing and then not be vocal enough to be completely honest and bam, off come the gloves to everyone else but you. It's like the negative feedback on ebay. You get 1000+ positives and then 1 negative from someone who had buyers remorse and just wanted to take it out on you or your company. If you have a problem people, out of respect for people and their lifes work, do everything you can to resolve it "under the radar"! Instead of posting a warning perhaps ask the community if they have experienced anything similar and see how to get to the bottom of it the blue skies way and that's open and honest. Sorry to ramble I just had to give my own $.02. Good luck to both sides.

There are 3 kinds of people in this world, those that know how to count, and those who don't.