antifnsocial

Driver (software question) needed, help!

I recently videotaped something for a class on a Canon zr850 1000x and realize that no one I know has a driver for the thing. I can't seem to find it on the canon driver site. Its very important research. I screwed the pooch on this one.... Can ANYONE help me? You can have my first born child when I have it and my undying gratitude. (Which I don't often give...) Please! B|:(
Please feel free to reply to my posts and pm's, but only if you're smart enough to understand what they really mean.

I've never seen firewire drivers specific to the camera.
If it's also a USB connector, those are typically for the stills transfer...at least from my experience.
The firewire connection works with movie/video software and is not dependent on the device itself.

You don't need a driver for it, all firewire camera's can use the same base driver set. You just need to plug the camera in to the computer using the firewire and it will pick it up and you can import the video via any video editing program.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

You may need to put the camera in VCR mode with it plugged in via the firewire in order for it to detect. Some cameras need plugged into AC power at the same time to detect and work with the computer.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

What OS are you running?
Are any other firewire devices recognized on the computer? Just to make sure you are going firewire to firewire from the camcorder to the computer and not firewire to USB (which is available and would require a driver).
Thomas Crowe, NRP
Nationally Registered Paramedic
Red Hat Linux Geek

You may need to put the camera in VCR mode with it plugged in via the firewire in order for it to detect. Some cameras need plugged into AC power at the same time to detect and work with the computer.

We're trying this now. Thanks.
Please feel free to reply to my posts and pm's, but only if you're smart enough to understand what they really mean.