LuckyMcSwervy

Weekend Numbers: June 6 & 7 , 2009

Maybe, maybe not :o : 3 : :D:D

Humps: Not tellin' :P

Jumps: Only 3 on Satuday, damn sinuses and left ear feels like they're going to explode today!

Beer: 1st time jumping a demo canopy and also for my first sunset load, a 5-way, and it was beautiful!!

I know I'm missing something and I just can't remember what it is.... :D:D:D :)
Always be kinder than you feel.

ouch that sucks lol

none of the above this weekend.

I did however finish all my checkout dives for course. I am now a Rescue Diver :)
First CRW jump next weekend though ;)

The Altitude above you, the runway behind you, and the fuel not in the plane are totally worthless
Dudeist Skydiver # 10

Jumps: Only 3 on Satuday, damn sinuses and left ear feels like they're going to explode today!

Beer: 1st time jumping a demo canopy and also for my first sunset load, a 5-way, and it was beautiful!!

I know I'm missing something and I just can't remember what it is.... :D:D:D:)

??:2::D

First jump w/ a piercing...foookin hurt.
...it's not the fact that you don't appreciate what you have until it's gone...it's the fact that you don't appreciate what you have until someone appreciates it for you!

1:8:0

We had cruddy weather on Saturday so no jumping, oh well....

5 tandems
3 tandem videos
11 tandem pack jobs

DZ is open Wed, Thur, Fri, Sat and Sun this week so hopefully it all comes together...

Congrats Troy on 700!!

"You start off your skydiving career with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience up before your bag of luck runs out."

15:5:0

15 for 15 minutes of tunnel time at iFlySFBay on Thursday night (close enough to the weekend). 5 totally fun jumps (2 5-way and 3 4-way) at Skydance on Saturday on an unseasonably cool and beautiful day (I don't think it broke 75). I wonder if we can order up that weather for the American Boogie in a few weeks? :D:)
We had essentially the same group all day (the only change was Monkeyboy taking off his belly suit to go fly with the birdies after the first two jumps) and while all of our jumps got a few points, the group was definitely in "rotating brain lock" mode as we did some fairly complex skydives... I think each of us forgot a point or took the wrong grip at least once during the day.:D:D

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

0:1:0

clouds suck only one hop n' pop

1= Made one tandem Sunday when the overcast broke up some. Then the damn clouds closed back in.>:(

at around 5:30 ish a big hole opened up at the drop zone and blue skies everywhere, though both the pilots had a drink by then so no jumping

:| : :| : :|

mhm, no humps as usual (i need to get out more..), no jumps as pretty much everything was closed down due to weather.. and i didnt even drink a lot.. :S
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

;):3:0

wind,weather and work were my nemesis this weekend. i did get a nice 2 way with doc today though before we headed home....we haven't done that in a while.:)
DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!

0:9:2

Lets see... 6 jumps Saturday... all tandem videos... 1 with coworker of mine... only the second one that's come out to do a tandem in 5 years... I paid for and shot his video...

Then Sunday I was there at 7 because beth's team was training... but with no tandems scheduled until 11... I rode co-pilot in the caravan on a few loads... Travis let me stear a bit during climb (which I've never done before...)

Then I did one jump chasing beth's team and got a couple of shots of her working... then I had one tandem video... and finished off the weekend videoing a 9-way...

on which I almost had my second cutaway... due to spinning-diving-linetwists (2 rotations) This was on my "new to me" backup rig... and was the second jump since the reserve was packed... but they were cleared by 2800 ft... I was however with in a hearbeat of cutting it away... and others have told me that they would have... :D

sometimes being a cameraflyer and pulling higher then everyone else can be a good thing... :$:D

Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

:)
Winded out Saturday in the ICT.

A 5-way RW
Lurked a tandem and then deployed a 2 flag rig

17 tandem pack jobs. I'm friggin sore but my account ain't.
It's called the Hillbilly Hop N Pop dude.
If you're gonna be stupid, you better be tough.
That's fucked up. Watermelons do not grow on trees! ~Skymama

:o:3:0

I did one jump Thursday during JFU. Then Saturday was super windy, but I ended up doing a 2-way with Roland, and then was on Becky's 100th jump...22-way zoo dive chaos. Sunday, team training was canceled cause of wind again. :(
~Nikki
http://www.facebook.com/poe62

Irgity Dirgity

I know I'm missing something and I just can't remember what it is.... :D:D:D:)

:) : (a high number) :)
No jumps. A rather high number of margaritas.

I just wasn't into it this weekend it seems although initially I'd planned to jump. For one thing I slightly sprained my ankle jumping a couple of weeks ago although I didn't realize it at the time. Although the sprain was extremely minor I still felt it prudent to allow it one more week to heal before jumping again. Also I want to sit in on the packing course at my DZ since I took it back in March but haven't packed since--and it will work out better financially if I jump next weekend when the DZ is offering the packing course again.
"It's hard to have fun at 4-way unless your whole team gets down to the ground safely to do it again!"--Northern California Skydiving League re USPA Safety Day, March 8, 2014

We're doing 10-way this year, and Saturday we practiced. It was awesome fun (we go to full altitude, and after building our first jump, we just turn it into sequential). Way, way, way fun.

Did I say we had fun?

And beer for the staff, who all either sat on one side, or got up so that we could lift the bench each time. No other teams were jumping on Saturday, so it was tandems, students, the occasional freeflier, and us.

Did I say we had fun?

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)