mamajumps

Calling all Fangbangers...

I can't wait to see who really killed Lafayette. I have a feeling it was the senator who had him killed, but who did the actual deed? :o

Kevin - Sonic Beef #5 - OrFun #28
"I never take myself too seriously, 'cuz everybody know fat birds don't fly." - FLC
Online communities: proof that people never mature much past high school.

If you like the tv series, read the books, they are head and shoulders better. I've only seen a few episodes here and there but I can say that the tv series doesn't follow the book in several areas,which I find annoying as it changes the dynamics and the story. I also figured out that each tv episode is one chapter in the book(s) basically,but the cliff note version.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

They were very good, just too much at one time.

Comparatively speaking, the tv series is very watered down and simple. There are things/events/plots in the tv series that are not in the book at all. Enough so that to me, it almost seems like the tv series just let the writers throw in whatever they wanted.

I would think Charlene Harris would be pissed that they bastardized her work but I am sure the checks she's getting from HBO helps lessening the anger. Sookie is the only character/actor in the tv series that comes close to actually representing how the character is portrayed in the books, all the others seem like B actors IMO.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Damn i wil be working in a freakin mall in Delaware Sunday night>:(

I got the tivo set though

HOLY SHIT!!! Lafayette is ALIVE! Whoda thunk it??? (except those that have read the books...:P)

Last season, I literally could not wait until the following week for the next episode... gonna be that way again this season...

And DAMN, the sex scene with Bill and Sookie at the end... HOLY SHIT....:$;)

This is gonna be good!!!!

Damn i wil be working in a freakin mall in Delaware Sunday night>:(

I got the tivo set though

HOLY SHIT!!! Lafayette is ALIVE! Whoda thunk it??? (except those that have read the books...:P)

Last season, I literally could not wait until the following week for the next episode... gonna be that way again this season...

And DAMN, the sex scene with Bill and Sookie at the end... HOLY SHIT....:$;)

This is gonna be good!!!!

You make me want to get HBO just to see this show...:P
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly

I LOVE the show but I agree with Lou, the books are much better, but aren't they always? At least you get a little eye candy watching the series ;)

I am usually a strong believer in "book > movie adaptations" for all stories. I have to admit though that the mere presence of Anna Paquin puts that belief in doubt ;)
It wouldn't hurt you to think like a fucking serial killer every once in a while - just for the sake of prevention

We recently had to adjust our budget downward; HBO was not cut due to Tru Blood and Showtime was not cut due to Weeds :)
It wouldn't hurt you to think like a fucking serial killer every once in a while - just for the sake of prevention

We recently had to adjust our budget downward; HBO was not cut due to Tru Blood and Showtime was not cut due to Weeds :)

I pay 11.58 a month for the basic of all basic cable...Yes i am a cheap ass...:D

If I go up to the option for HBO that will be an extra 30 i have to pay for tv and then I have to cut out other things to stay in budget. It would be no beer or no more waxing/ pedicures...I might have to give beer up....:D
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly