Icon134

is it wrong...

or a bad idea to argue with a classified ad poster who advertised one thing then sent something else... and then when I returned the item that was sent (because it wasn't what was advertised) for a refund the seller refunded my money less $5 for shipping and handling costs?

even if the arguement is merely on principle... and I really don't care a whole lot about the $ that I'm out... :|

btw... the ad I responded to has been deleted but the poster has got other advertisements that are not false/misleading...
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

Yes that is wrong. It is the sellers fault not yours.

So I should argue for the extra 5 dollars... even if I don't get it... mere on the principle that the seller is wrong and I'm right...

Good... I'll keep arguing... :$ maybe I can waist enough of the sellers time to make me feel better... :ph34r::D

So I should argue for the extra 5 dollars... even if I don't get it... mere on the principle that the seller is wrong and I'm right...

Good... I'll keep arguing... :$ maybe I can waist enough of the sellers time to make me feel better... :ph34r::D

:D That might work....
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly

This guy is doing a great job at ignoring the substance of my emails and focusing on the money he is out...

The last email I sent doesn't really give him anything to say about the money... I'm actually kind of curious if he will respond...

Obviously it depends on the specifics.. If the item was sold in good faith and the ad was unintentionally open to interpretation, it's possible that you're both at fault - he for not being good with grammar - you for not asking more questions.. In that case, suck it up, because $5 isn't worth arguing about.

If his ad was *deliberately* misleading, I personally would want all my money back because one shouldn't have to pay for someone else's dishonesty.

Don't forget that you're *both* out of money & it doesn't sound like you've lost very much.. Obviously, I'm going on very little context here, but given he refunded you and changed the ad afterward, this would suggest an element of goodwill on his part.. I'm tempted to say "let it go", especially if you think you might want to deal with this person in the future -
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

If his ad was *deliberately* misleading, I personally would want all my money back because one shouldn't have to pay for someone else's dishonesty.

Don't forget that you're *both* out of money & it doesn't sound like you've lost very much.. Obviously, I'm going on very little context here, but given he refunded you and changed the ad afterward, this would suggest an element of goodwill on his part.. I'm tempted to say "let it go", especially if you think you might want to deal with this person in the future -

The advertizement wasn't changed... it was removed by a moderator... (at my request...) because it advertized one thing and the individual sent me something else very different.

The poster has several other advertizements in the classifieds that are not misleading... like the advertizement that I responded to... and ultimately I'm out a reasonable percentage of what I sent as the total cost was $60... so I'm out 15% whereas at this point the poster of the advert is out nothing...

I don't imagine I would ever consider doing buisness with this individual again...

Scott

I'll just leave this here: http://xkcd.com/386/
It wouldn't hurt you to think like a fucking serial killer every once in a while - just for the sake of prevention

I'll just leave this here: http://xkcd.com/386/

The difference here is that someone was wrong in real life... and cheated someone of money... (i.e. me...) and I'm not arguing with him anymore... I do still have his number in my cell phone though in case I ever need a phone number for someone to dial drunk... :ph34r::D

Hmm - So, if I go to Mc Fattieburger, order a McChicken fattie, and recieve fries and a coke, it should be ok. Right. I mean - Honest mistake - right? At the very least he should discount that amount off another purchase he has to fooer.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun