Slyde

Revolution

I know, I just thought it easier than interpreting what his issue was. Is. It's the clearest post of what he explains he's pissed about. :|

What you say is reflective of your knowledge...HOW ya say it is reflective of your experience. Airtwardo

Someone's going to be spanked! Hopefully, it will be me. Skymama

The short of it being that he burned his own career and reputation because he thought that the online demo registration form didn't accurately depict what was going on in the demo. Specifically, the pilot delivering the meat missile into the protected airspace didn't actually enter the protected airspace and whether his name is on or not on that form is of more significance than all of the lives, friendships, and careers around us.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

Seems that way. Plus, got uber pissed when USPA didn't respond in the way he desired. Should he have been banned for that, no. Was it the adult way to handle his issues, of course not.
What you say is reflective of your knowledge...HOW ya say it is reflective of your experience. Airtwardo

Someone's going to be spanked! Hopefully, it will be me. Skymama

You know,
I sat down and had breakfast once in this little nook restaurant somewhere in San Francisco. Had a window seat, just ate my eggs and watched the street.
Saw this guy in a parka go by pushing a shopping cart. The parka stood out, since it was fairly warm and sunny. But this was not all. He also had on a knit cap, and ski boots open at the front to allow him to walk in them. The shopping cart was full of whatever stuff a homeless guy in ski boots pushes through San Fran.
He had on a headset. He was talking animatedly into the headset the whole time as he walked past. The headset was self-evidently not plugged into anything. The cord and plug were just dangling near his waist.
"Hm!" Thought I, watching him go.
A few minutes later he walked by again, going the other way. With no shopping cart.
Finished my coffee, paid and left, and as I was leaving, he passed the doorway again, with another shopping cart. Still talking a mile a minute.
Watched him go, looked past him and finally understood his mission. The voices must have told him he must move all his stuff and it must be done in a particular way. He must push one cart a few hundred yards. Go back for the second. Push it past the first. Go back for the first. Push it past the second. Go back for that. Ad infinitum. He had abandoned cart 1 maybe 500 yards up the road and had just passed it with cart 2 when I left. For all I know he had already leapfrogged this way across half the city. I have no idea where he was from or where he was going. I don't know if he knew either. It didn't seem to make much sense, but it must have meant a lot to him, for him to be willing to do it in ski boots.
-B
Live and learn... or die, and teach by example.

ya know , I think I saw that same guy. And I thought
that could be ME! If fate or circumstances were reversed how would
I function in that guy's situation!?
Life can put any one of us in places or situations we couldn't have
imagined and how we react to these changes can sometimes be
unpredictable even to ourselves, especially if people who were once
considered freinds don't react like we had anticipated!
Don't know all the details but I feel for Slyde. He appears
to be someone who has invested a LOT into our sport and
seems to feel the powers that be have turned there backs
on him.
Keep on truckin' Slyde!

Duane B|

I'm not saying he hasn't done anything for skydiving. I don't know the man or his accomplishments. All I know of him is his recent posts. All of which are incomprehensible and incoherent. It's fine if he wants to bash the USPA but he should at least try to make his opinion clear and coherent. I haven't really seen those aspects in any of his recent posts.

Is there a hidden meaning or a message that supposed to make sense? Or just rambling, someone saying "I am here, pay attention to me"?

You've pretty much hit the nail on the head.

Oh, there is -some- subtext there, but it's of zero interest to anyone outside of a few folks at the USPA, only one or two of which even log on to dz.com. It's a bit like howling at the moon. Sometimes people do it even though they know they moon doesn't actually hear them or even if it did it wouldn't give a shit.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver