Heatmiser

I love Scotch....

...how bout you?:P I'm on a trip heading to Columbia SC to visit family, and I've been salivating over a bottle of Glen Rothes 1991 for about two weeks that I'm bringing to share with my Dad. :)
What you say is reflective of your knowledge...HOW ya say it is reflective of your experience. Airtwardo

Someone's going to be spanked! Hopefully, it will be me. Skymama

Vskydiver picks me up a bottle of Glenlivet 12 y.o.

The 12y.o. is what I sip on a few days a week. Great flavor of vanilla and a hint of fruit and smoke. The price of that bottle is great also. Try the 15, I think you will be surprised what 3 years will do.B|
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

Turn in your credentials.

What for? the ice or just a splash of water brings all those good flavors out.

Sometimes. It's really all about taste. I've found that I personally want my single malt neat if it's from the mid or highlands. They tend to be lighter & fruitier. Now, throw me a smokey, peaty tasting, lowlands single malt & yes please, water on the side.

I have a friend I went to high school with who's been a bartender in DC since the early 70's & is a single malt aficionado (I won't go so far as to call him a "fanatic" but he KNOWS his single malts). Last time I was down there we were sipping on his bottle of 50 year old. Wish I could remember it's name. Better than ANY scotch I've tasted before, & I've tasted many.
When the only tool you have is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail.

It numbs the tongue and hides the more subtle flavors.

Hmmmm, I go with 2 cubes with a double and that does me reallly good. I feel I get some more flavor, or should I say I can seperate the flavors by lettin a couple cubes melt in the glass for a few minutes.

Last time I was down there we were sipping on his bottle of 50 year old. Wish I could remember it's name. Better than ANY scotch I've tasted before, & I've tasted many.

See if you can find out the name. I am always up for a suggestion on a good scotch. I think the best in my opinion was the Glenrothes 1972. That bottle blew my socks off with the great flavor, richness and all around enjoyment. Very smoooooth!

When my internship in Belfast was finished, my collegues gave me a few farewell presents, including a quarter bottle of Glenn d'orangie.

Even the most chauvinistic irisman I knew allowed that 'that stuff' was 'alright - for a scotch':)

"That formation-stuff in freefall is just fun and games but with an open parachute it's starting to sound like, you know, an extreme sport."
~mom

When my internship in Belfast was finished, my collegues gave me a few farewell presents, including a quarter bottle of Glenn d'orangie.

Even the most chauvinistic irisman I knew allowed that 'that stuff' was 'alright - for a scotch':)

Just as most (edited to say) Scots would admit Telemore Dew is "decent for an Irish whiskey." :S;)
When the only tool you have is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail.

The Glenrothes 1991. Expected to have just a couple of doubles, but instead we polished it off around 2 a.m. B|

What you say is reflective of your knowledge...HOW ya say it is reflective of your experience. Airtwardo

Someone's going to be spanked! Hopefully, it will be me. Skymama