turtlespeed

You know you are in Texas when . . .

You know you're in Texas when... (these are real!)

It is the mid of winter and the AC is running
Mosquitos are biting at Christmas
Every other block there is either an adult novelty toy store, BBQ restaurant, dollar store, or church
Saying "Merry Christmas" is the standard greeting this time of the year (not "Happy Holidays")
While driving along, every fifth sign or so has a Texas flag or "Texas" in the name of the store
A building has three huge flag poles several stories high, with one USA flag and two Texas flags
You pass big corporate buildings having signs in front with their names, like "BJ Services" and "BLO Industries"
It's bright, sunny, short sleeve weather one day, and it's snowing the next day
The women are amazingly beautiful
The vehicles are HUGE
There is no such thing as a "Compact" parking spot
There's a big bronze statue of President George H.W. Bush (senior) in a prominent location at the airport
Your in-laws invite you to BBQ in the country at their place next to George W. Bush's land where they get together w/ the President occasionally when he is visiting his Texas home
The Chinese buffet is practically a palace, almost twice as large as most hotels' main floor, w/ sitting for hundreds
Every place you go you can see people wearing shirts or caps for Texas A&M or the University of Texas
The Mexican food is gooood. The BBQ is gooood. Shoot, all the food is gooood.
The best ice cream in the nation, Blue Bell, is sold for $3.44 for a 1/2 gallon
Bluegrass music bands can be found playing in your favorite BBQ joints
It seems most of the younger population plays some kind of instrument
My father-in-law fills up with gasoline every three days just going to work (aka Texas is big)
Restaurant servers say "Yes ma'am" and "No sir"
Brewed iced tea is available at any restaurant
A good "night out" is going country western dancing
1/3 the FM radio stations are country music
Another 1/3 are classical music, oldies, or rap
80% of the AM stations are in Spanish
Gas is $2.37 / gallon

Edit to add:

Even the arabs here complain about the heat.:|
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

I have to disagree about Blue Bell... they sell it over here in Alabama and I'm not a fan.

My hands down favorite is Umpqua followed by Tillamook (since Tillamook is more of a national brand, they also have REALLY good cheese)

I have to disagree about Blue Bell... they sell it over here in Alabama and I'm not a fan.

My hands down favorite is Umpqua followed by Tillamook (since Tillamook is more of a national brand, they also have REALLY good cheese)

You should try it fresh from the factory here - yum.

And B&J's Karmel Sutra is my favorite - but BB is really really good.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

MMM

Blue bell

You wouldnt believe how excited I was to find out they sold it at the commissary!
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

You know you're in Texas when... (these are real!)

It is the mid of winter and the AC is running
Mosquitos are biting at Christmas
Every other block there is either an adult novelty toy store, BBQ restaurant, dollar store, or church
Saying "Merry Christmas" is the standard greeting this time of the year (not "Happy Holidays")
While driving along, every fifth sign or so has a Texas flag or "Texas" in the name of the store
A building has three huge flag poles several stories high, with one USA flag and two Texas flags
You pass big corporate buildings having signs in front with their names, like "BJ Services" and "BLO Industries"
It's bright, sunny, short sleeve weather one day, and it's snowing the next day
The women are amazingly beautiful
The vehicles are HUGE
There is no such thing as a "Compact" parking spot
There's a big bronze statue of President George H.W. Bush (senior) in a prominent location at the airport
Your in-laws invite you to BBQ in the country at their place next to George W. Bush's land where they get together w/ the President occasionally when he is visiting his Texas home
The Chinese buffet is practically a palace, almost twice as large as most hotels' main floor, w/ sitting for hundreds
Every place you go you can see people wearing shirts or caps for Texas A&M or the University of Texas
The Mexican food is gooood. The BBQ is gooood. Shoot, all the food is gooood.
The best ice cream in the nation, Blue Bell, is sold for $3.44 for a 1/2 gallon
Bluegrass music bands can be found playing in your favorite BBQ joints
It seems most of the younger population plays some kind of instrument
My father-in-law fills up with gasoline every three days just going to work (aka Texas is big)
Restaurant servers say "Yes ma'am" and "No sir"
Brewed iced tea is available at any restaurant
A good "night out" is going country western dancing
1/3 the FM radio stations are country music
Another 1/3 are classical music, oldies, or rap
80% of the AM stations are in Spanish
Gas is $2.37 / gallon

Edit to add:

Even the arabs here complain about the heat.:|

I highlighted one that I must disagree with lol. yes there are gorgeous women in every state, but I must say the average population I have seen in Texas cannot compare to the average back home(FL). lol this is going to piss Texans off...but I hate living in Texas.

-Evo
Zoo Crew

But how many in Florida that's actually from Florida? Eliminate the transplants and the bar probably drops a bit

A BIT? Are we going for the understatement of the year award here?

That's like saying the atlantic is a "bit" like a lake, or the Antarctic get a "bit" chilly in winter.

But how many in Florida that's actually from Florida? Eliminate the transplants and the bar probably drops a bit

That's like saying the atlantic is a "bit" like a lake, or the Antarctic get a "bit" chilly in winter.

Florida might be made up of a lot of transplants, but at least your not surrounded by a bunch of pompas ass steers and queers that think their state is the "only" state....:S:P

Florida might be made up of a lot of transplants, but at least your not surrounded by a bunch of pompas ass steers and queers that think their state is the "only" state....:S:P

And then there is always the "Snow Bird" which is a migratory animal that gains fame by clogging EVRY SINGLE ROAD IN THE FRIGGIN STATE!

Aww come on everyone knows this is how you really know your in Texas ok.

[ url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vt7FDTpzGvo"]Texas Folk[/url]

That is how you know you are in the RIGHT part of texas. Austin isn't like that anymore - to much limpwrist going on there.

That is how you know you are in the RIGHT part of texas. Austin isn't like that anymore - to much limpwrist going on there.

Moscow on the Colorado?
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Moscow on the Colorado?

Thanks - I'll stick with Washington on the Brazos.

Ugh- thanks for reminding me of why I HATE living in Texas. >:( I miss New York *sigh*

(Psst: Gas is $2.51 now, at least where I live)

Do you know how to get back?:P Get on down the road.
Nothing opens like a Deere!

You ignorant fool! Checks are for workers!

I highlighted one that I must disagree with lol. yes there are gorgeous women in every state, but I must say the average population I have seen in Texas cannot compare to the average back home(FL). lol this is going to piss Texans off...but I hate living in Texas.

You must be lost in your own world! The best looking girls are from Texas! BTW you aint gonna piss us off by your lack of knowledge, we know the truth:P

Ugh- thanks for reminding me of why I HATE living in Texas. >:( I miss New York *sigh*

+1... I absolutely HATE it here. I hated it here before I even moved here. I dream about the day when I can move back up north or back to FL. [:/]
Apologies for the spelling (and grammar).... I got a B.S, not a B.A. :)

You must be lost in your own world! The best looking girls are from Texas! BTW you aint gonna piss us off by your lack of knowledge, we know the truth:P

yea the best looking girls are from Texas....if you have never been out of Texas. Sorry man, Texas girls in general can't keep up with Florida Girls. :P

BTW I live in Texas currently...military.
Zoo Crew

+1... I absolutely HATE it here. I hated it here before I even moved here. I dream about the day when I can move back up north or back to FL. [:/]

Move back up there....I heard the economy is great back up in Yankee land:P:D