tetra316

Airports and The Ranch

Above is correct, SWF is the "best" or "closest" option.

2 city choices, LGA & JFK, but both involve traffic, a drive out (hour, hour & half), and several bridges.

ALB is also an option, about hour & half, straight down the Thruway.

Enjoy your trip!!!

Best,
Dru
-
-
"Baseball is 90% mental. The other half is physical."

Friends don't let friends go (or layover) to Jersey! :D

I've bounced into Albany and LGA for trips to the Ranch. Either work, LGA is way more expensive with the bridges figured in at about $7 a bridge now. I'd fly into Stewart if at all possible.

Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Definitely recommend Stewart...I used to live near there and could usually get cheaper (or just as cheap) flights in and out of there without the hassle of NYC. They have several car rental agencies in the airport too so never had a problem renting cars and actually got some pretty good deals on rentals there in the past. Good luck!

Definitely fly into Steward. It's by far the closest and it's a pretty decent airport. Cab ride to the Ranch is about $35 but if you call ahead you might get lucky and somebody can pick you up. If you can't, fly into Albany (and send me a PM, depending on the day I'll pick you up and give you a ride to the Ranch). It's about 80 min from the Ranch. I would try to avoid to fly into LGA or JFK as the drive sucks and the tolls are reddiculously expensive.

You are right about the cheaper flights. But I'd have to make 2 stops versus 1 for any other NY airport. Hmm... is saving $100 work the extra layover = more chances for them to lose my luggage?

It sucks that you can't find a way to do it with just one layover...unfortunately Stewart doesn't have flights to too many places. I'd say that the cheaper flight AND the proximity to the DZ definitely makes it worth it though...particularly if you carry on your rig, b/c really, what else do you need?? B|