nigel99

UK Police bike and rider (nice)

Wow!
Please forgive my ignorance, but do the police really employ sport bikes as opposed to a more docile form of motorcycle?

In the US, certain highway patrol units use interceptors.
(well use might be an overstatement, as I think they are really just PR)
Usually Corvettes, or other muscle cars, but I don't think I know of any that run sprot bikes.

Doug.
I have never developed indigestion from eating my words.
Winston Churchill

Wow!
Please forgive my ignorance, but do the police really employ sport bikes as opposed to a more docile form of motorcycle?

In the US, certain highway patrol units use interceptors.
(well use might be an overstatement, as I think they are really just PR)
Usually Corvettes, or other muscle cars, but I don't think I know of any that run sprot bikes.

Doug.

In general the cops use Pan Europeans but there are a few ZX-10R and at least 1 Hayabusa that the police use for "special" purposes. The general trend appears to be that the police use these bikes to gather video evidence of bikers behaving badly. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRW-0W3PpSE

Lastly in answer to someone elses post - it is illegal to impersonate a police vehicle in the UK so it is definately not privately owned.
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.