LuckyMcSwervy

Favorite Accents?

Speaking of foreign accents, here is something funny. In the interest of full disclosure, I am Romanian too (75%) ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sgJSedVXas
O

HAAAAAHAAAAAAHAAAA
thanks Olympia.
I just spilled my drink... on my keyboard... at work... with my boss standing 5 feet away from me.
but that was some funny shit.
especially since the chick didn't quite get "desteapta-te romane" correctly either :)

and to answer the OP's question:
1. south african
2. scottish
3. boston

I'm thinking all of us chicas who love the SA accent should just post our phone numbers and let the SA hotties call and read the phone book to us... :P

Who actually is from SA here? :)

I have your number. I'll pass it along to my friend Johan. :P

:D:D Not yet... :o
Always be kinder than you feel.

I'm thinking all of us chicas who love the SA accent should just post our phone numbers and let the SA hotties call and read the phone book to us... :P

This old thread brought some out of the woodwork (one of whom isn't with us anymore, sadly, and one of whom posts under a different greener username now).

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=2338696
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

This old thread brought some out of the woodwork (one of whom isn't with us anymore, sadly, and one of whom posts under a different greener username now).

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=2338696

Thanks! I recognized most of the screen names!!

PS - Is that a new pic? Your hair rocks!! B|

I'm thinking all of us chicas who love the SA accent should just post our phone numbers and let the SA hotties call and read the phone book to us...

Who actually is from SA here?

*raises hand*...

Several years ago I spent some time on IRC networks. On two occasions ladies from the US did actually phone me just to hear me speak. Go figure.
It should be noted though that it's specifically the "english" South African accent that's popular. In a country with 11 official languages, the Afrikaans accent is considered "gutteral" (think Lethal Weapon 2) and the native African accents sound just as they do anywhere else in Africa.

Scottish is cool too but its essentially the same as the Irish. The main difference is the Irish go up in pitch at the end of sentences whereas the Scottish go down in pitch.

:o I can't believe there aren't any Scots or Irish who haven't called you out on that yet! You sure it's not Australian/ Kiwi you're thinking of? :D

Nobody loves the Canadians, eh? [:/]

and I was going to say canadian. Somthing about the word "about" that's cool, sounds like a boat.
"Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest" ~Samuel Clemens

MB#4300
Dudeist Skydiver #68

I'm thinking all of us chicas who love the SA accent should just post our phone numbers and let the SA hotties call and read the phone book to us...

Who actually is from SA here?

*raises hand*...

Several years ago I spent some time on IRC networks. On two occasions ladies from the US did actually phone me just to hear me speak. Go figure.
It should be noted though that it's specifically the "english" South African accent that's popular. In a country with 11 official languages, the Afrikaans accent is considered "gutteral" (think Lethal Weapon 2) and the native African accents sound just as they do anywhere else in Africa.

I hear that accent and my mind always goes right to the "gutter". :)

:ph34r:

Scottish is cool too but its essentially the same as the Irish. The main difference is the Irish go up in pitch at the end of sentences whereas the Scottish go down in pitch.

:o I can't believe there aren't any Scots or Irish who haven't called you out on that yet! You sure it's not Australian/ Kiwi you're thinking of? :D

Yea, REALLY! I'm born & raised in New Jersey. Still live here! I do NOT have that "Neu Yawk" accent either! I can tell the difference between Irish & Scottish easily. They really are NOTHING alike. IMHO, "British" & Australian are more alike than Irish & Scottish, but you Brits would probably disagree (& I wouldn't blame you). B|
When the only tool you have is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail.