LuckyMcSwervy

Favorite Accents?

OK, so I've been around almost a year now and I've met so many awesome people from all over the world...

One thing that sticks out is their accents. :)
My favorites?

Spanish and South African...

Spanish accent because it drives me nuts (in a good way, think Andy Garcia's ;) ) and South African accent because I think it's HOT.

:)
Always be kinder than you feel.

Andy Garcia has a Spanish accent? Is that just in that dream you had? ;)

And funny you should mention South African - I think that's my least favourite. Um, no offence to any SA natives on here.:$

Yup... in his earlier days it was a bit stronger. He's actually Cuban... Now it's not as pronounced but when he's not in character it comes out a bit.

I've been totally smitted with SA accents since I was about 15 years old when I met pro surfer Martin Potter at a surfing event here in New Jersey. YUM YUM!!

B|

OK, so I've been around almost a year now and I've met so many awesome people from all over the world...

My favorites?

Spanish accent because it drives me nuts (in a good way, think Andy Garcia's ;) ) and South African accent because I think it's HOT.

Irish
Scottish
Post-Orgasm
and Australian
:ph34r:
...it's not the fact that you don't appreciate what you have until it's gone...it's the fact that you don't appreciate what you have until someone appreciates it for you!

I always find it interesting when people find the South African accent appealing.

I find our accents rather 'gutteral' and rough.....

but hey.....if the ladies love it! :ph34r::D:ph34r::D

Blues,
Ian

My whole family has Slovenian and German accents. ANYTHING sounds better than those. :P
~Nikki
http://www.facebook.com/poe62

Irgity Dirgity

+ 1 My pops was a Russian linguist for the Army, so I grew up hearing alot of Russian, so any English spoken with a Russian accent is very pleasing.:)

What you say is reflective of your knowledge...HOW ya say it is reflective of your experience. Airtwardo

Someone's going to be spanked! Hopefully, it will be me. Skymama

I enjoy all accents, any accent ... even those that come from different parts of US. Being a transplant myself whom after 14 years still has a strong Eastern European accent, I might just be biased ... I'm accepting of others just as I hope others are accepting of me :)

how YOU doin'!? :D:D:D
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

My favorites?

I LOVE Andy Garcia's voice and accent, but I wouldn't call it Spanish - much more Latin American than European. Very sexy though! I think a Spanish accent (from Spain) is pretty distinctive whether they are speaking Spanish or English.

With Andy Garcia- I think its a combination of the deep voice and the slight accent that does it for me. He's kind of cute too, but its the voice that gets me the most!

My favorites?

I LOVE Andy Garcia's voice and accent, but I wouldn't call it Spanish - much more Latin American than European. Very sexy though! I think a Spanish accent (from Spain) is pretty distinctive whether they are speaking Spanish or English.

With Andy Garcia- I think its a combination of the deep voice and the slight accent that does it for me. He's kind of cute too, but its the voice that gets me the most!

Thanks for clearing that up for me... :)

Clearly we need to start an Andy Garcia fan club.

I remember going to see The Untouchables when it first came out. Everyone was going on about that hot guy who played the lead (one of Kevin Costner's first big roles). Yeah, he was aight, but I was all googly over Andy Garcia. Have been ever since. B|
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Clearly we need to start an Andy Garcia fan club.

I remember going to see The Untouchables when it first came out. Everyone was going on about that hot guy who played the lead (one of Kevin Costner's first big roles). Yeah, he was aight, but I was all googly over Andy Garcia. Have been ever since. B|

Hell yeah!!! I even loved him in The Godfather III !!!

Cousin Vincent.... booyah!!

Scottish. When I was working at Square One, we'd occasionally get calls from Scotland. It was an office full of women. We all completely understood when the lucky girl who answered the call began to slide off her chair.

I heard my first Scottish accent when I was about 11 years old. It was a new friend's mother. I was hooked. I was smitten (she was built, too). I was in love AND in lust! 40+ years later I can still just sit there & listen to her talk. I don't care what she says, just talk! :)
When the only tool you have is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail.