LuckyMcSwervy

Favorite Accents?

Girls with Eastern European accents sound dirty. Dirty is good. :ph34r:

When I've been in Perris before, I always have the people working on the tills in Walmart, Walgreaves etc comment on my accent.

Two years running I've had yank girls going weak at the knees when asking them where beer is. Apperently I sound like Prince Harry. But then again, most Brits probably do to you lot! B|:P

I've always enjoyed Scottish and Irish accents... (and I know they are nothing alike)

Absolutely hate all forms of southern... and never been fond of the Jersey/City accent

Funniest accent I ever heard was a Romanian gentleman that had married a Wisconsin woman and lived there for a few years before I met him in Iraq...

"Always resort to your native tongue in times of anger."

I am an english speaker but oddly enough I revert to Afrikaans most of the time. It is just sooo much better for that sort of thing :ph34r:

Too true. One just cannot convey "Jou fokken bliksem! Ek is nou gatvol vir jou blerrie stront." in English!

B|

IMHO, "British" & Australian are more alike than Irish & Scottish, but you Brits would probably disagree (& I wouldn't blame you). B|

In England alone accents are incredibly varied, considering it's such a small place. I can think of at least 10 completely distinct accents/ dialects from different regions, and obviously there are a lot more subtle variations that I can't distinguish so easily.

I think you can say that about most countries, large and small.

I guess. We just can't hear the variations in foreign accents so eaily.

I've just realised nobody's mentioned French. I think that could be my favourite - French men sound pretty cool, especially if they have that kind of laconic style. And French women... :$

Always resort to your native tongue in times of anger. And in times of ecstasy - Yuri Orlov

That is sooooooooooooo freaking HOT!!! :$;):)

Absolutely ....
Y yo, pa' vivir con miedo, prefiero morir sonriendo, con el recuerdo vivo".
- Ruben Blades, "Adan Garcia"

Oddly enough, Jersey Girl's.

I had a pretty thick "Boston" accent long ago but lost it to the generic military (lack of) accent. Jersey Girls just remind me of home [:/]

Oooo... and Austrailian accents are cool too.

So, where was "home"? McGuire or Fort Dix or somewhere else around here?
Always be kinder than you feel.

"Jou fokken bliksem! Ek is nou gatvol vir jou blerrie stront."

Translated

You fucking (person who is too cleaver/cheaky for their own good). I am now full to my asshole with your bloody shit"

Yup Afrikaans is better. That gutteral accent makes the threat of imminant violence also seem so much more real.:ph34r::ph34r:

So, where was "home"? McGuire or Fort Dix or somewhere else around here?

I grew up in Fall River, MA (only famous for Lizzy Bordon). Although very distinct accents, the New England and Jersey ones are very close. I also spent some time on Jersey boardwalks as a kid so thats probably where the association to home comes from.

"You from Jersey? Really, what exit?" :P
"Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest" ~Samuel Clemens

MB#4300
Dudeist Skydiver #68

On further thought, I do have a soft spot for a British accent ...

Which one does she mean tho'..... we have sooooo many.

Personally, I love a Cardiff accent on a lass ... Think Qwen from 'Torchwood' - There's nice see.

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

On further thought, I do have a soft spot for a British accent ...

Personally, I love a Cardiff accent on a lass ... Think Qwen from 'Torchwood' - There's nice see.

Been scanning through the thread looking for someone to say 'English'. I'd almost given up hope, but 'British' is close enough. :)

All of them :)
O

Yeah, combine that with a huskiness a la Cerys Matthews and I see where you're coming from. Mmm, Cerys Matthews...:)
I'm Liverpool born, but never had a really strong accent (my girlfriend used to call me Posh Scouse, which I thought was genius). And having lived in London so long it's been softened further, I guess. But it's funny how a muted accent confuses people because they still hear some of the influences. So I've been mistaken for Irish and even Scottish before now.