jeffyg

looks like i just got screwed in the classifieds

seller was selling a complete rig, i asked if he would be willing to sell the cypres off thus rig we agreed on a price, he was prompt in dealing up to this point and accepting the paypal payment then no word for 3 days. i have sent off a few emails and no replies or other.

what would you do in thus situation, granted its only been 3 days but

other than go pound the piss out of him
Speed is your Helmet

man, its three days.. keep your feet quiet and trust in the good of people. since you used paypal (smart move), you can get your money back relatively easily..

and if its been one of the known gear-dealers, we might even be able to help you out by telling if they're (known to be) legit..
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

i receintly made a transaction with paypal....being the seller.....and payment was help in paypal until the buyer recieved the shipment....so they paid, but i didnt recieve until the item was delivered.
"Professor of Pimpology"~~~Bolas

I really hope you reecieve your Cypres.
With that being said, it has been mentioned here several times to always go thru a middle man (usually your rigger) when making any transactions. Have the prospective seller send the item to your rigger, once your rigger inspects it and approves it, your rigger can then send your money to the seller....

I have been a part of a few gear deals thru here and it always works out as a win win for both of us because I follow this rule...

keep us posted on if you get your Cypres...[:/]

Could be he uses his work email and got sick. Could be his internet went out at home and he's not responsible enough to go find a cafe.

It's early days. After a week, you worry. But for now, I'd start finding out about the DZ where the seller is, so that you can discreetly PM someone that you might know who also jumps there when you get more worried. Knowledge is power. And if you're nice about it, then his acquaintainces are less likely to automatically defend him if he is slacking.

Right now he's somewhere between the "honest problem" and "slacking" category -- I wouldn't put him into the potentially dishonest category without more evidence and more time.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Could be he uses his work email and got sick. Could be his internet went out at home and he's not responsible enough to go find a cafe.

It's early days. After a week, you worry. But for now, I'd start finding out about the DZ where the seller is, so that you can discreetly PM someone that you might know who also jumps there when you get more worried. Knowledge is power. And if you're nice about it, then his acquaintainces are less likely to automatically defend him if he is slacking.

Right now he's somewhere between the "honest problem" and "slacking" category -- I wouldn't put him into the potentially dishonest category without more evidence and more time.

Wendy P.

Oh WHATEVER Wendy,
Postr His Name - Lets KICK his ASS!>:(

OR - we could wait a little longer and see what happens.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Jeffyg,

If might be a bit too early to get excited about it yet.
I agree with Wendy that you should start doing some homework on this guy, if you have not already done so.

Does this person selling the Cypress post here regularly?
Is he/she a known entity on these boards?
Do you know his full name?
What drop zone he jumps at?

These little tidbits of info always help to prevent a problem.

If I am going to buy something (and I have bought a complete rig on the classifieds) I do all this homework prior to actually sending ANY money.
Also, sometimes (and I was able to) arrange for a UPS COD shipment.

If I was to buy something from dickslap who just registered on here yesterday and has 3 posts, and only in the classified I might be a bit suspicious until I verified who he/she was.

If however I was to try to buy something from Thanatos I would trust him, BUT I would also make sure he sent me boobie pics to verify it was who I was dealing with.:D:D

Good luck, it should work out for you.

Doug

I have never developed indigestion from eating my words.
Winston Churchill

BUT I would also make sure he sent me boobie pics to verify it was who I was dealing with

No, you'd make sure he sent you boobie pics because you like boobie pics

DUH

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

BUT I would also make sure he sent me boobie pics to verify it was who I was dealing with

No, you'd make sure he sent you boobie pics because you like boobie pics

DUH

Wendy P.

Well ok then - Show us your tits.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

... I would also make sure he sent me boobie pics to verify it was who I was dealing with.:D:D

Doug,
Do you want to re-write that or leave it as is....just asking.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

File a paypal dispute before the "seller" has time to transfer the funds into their bank account. If they are legit, you can always settle the dispute. The money gets put into escrow neither you or the seller can't touch - if nothing is heard from the seller within a set amount of days, you get the payment refunded. If the seller proves DELIVERY (not just shipment) - they get the funds back.

Good luck !

PS - this is why the "best deal" is not always such a best deal - some cheap things just cost too much :)

You should be fine with Pay Pal....I had a woman sell me a non existent camera....she tried to pull the same gag on a number of people on E bay....I got a full refund and the authorities began tracking her down as that shit is actually a crime:|.....which I did not know at the time.

just be timely and honest with your reports and e mails- and be patient.

Beware of the collateralizing and monetization of your desires.
D S #3.1415

Bruno Domingues

[email protected]

he fucked me, pulled his ad out of classifieds no word at all

filed a paypal dispute and now a claim... see how that works out

wow.

for MONTHS he had ads in the classifieds trying to buy
Stilhoutte 210, 190, 170
Spectre 170/190
Storm 170-190

I exchanged emails with him from May 2008 until Feb 2009 when I finally told him to make his mind up :)

Perhaps his account got hacked, but in my experience he has been very unstable, but not shady. Never exchanged any $$$ though.

He was listing himself as based in Portugal.

Bruno Domingues

[email protected]

wow.

for MONTHS he had ads in the classifieds trying to buy
Stilhoutte 210, 190, 170
Spectre 170/190
Storm 170-190

I exchanged emails with him from May 2008 until Feb 2009 when I finally told him to make his mind up :)

Perhaps his account got hacked, but in my experience he has been very unstable, but not shady. Never exchanged any $$$ though.

He was listing himself as based in Portugal.

kinda sounds like you and i, doesnt it.. just, with me its safire2' 119's.. :D
-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

Just lease it from him already so Paul can have it back to sell to someone else after you break yourself on it. :P
"If this post needs to be moderated I would prefer it to be completly removed and not edited and butchered into a disney movie" - DorkZone Hero

Bruno Domingues

[email protected]

He was "interested" in buying a Silhouette 190 from me earlier this year, sounded very eager, then started demanding copies of passport, USPA card, etc. etc. as a proof that I won't screw him over once he deposits money in my Paypal account. When I mentioned that this is starting to look like identity theft he disappeared.

As soon as this happened I filed a report with DZ.com but didn't get any response.

I have his postal address and copies of his ID card. If you think that can help you let me know.

Blues,
d.

Just lease it from him already so Paul can have it back to sell to someone else after you break yourself on it. :P

*cough*smartass*cough* :P
-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

well paypal gave me my money back yesterday... very little hassle dealing with them i filed a claim wrote a paragraph explaining what happened... no other correspondents then they refunded me.

thanks for the pm's
jeff

ps oh ya bruno, fuck off
Speed is your Helmet

>well paypal gave me my money back yesterday... very little hassle dealing with them

Fuckin told ya!!:D

who da man......
Who?
Can't hear ya- yyyyeah that's right......
your peeps here!
and don't you forget it :D:D:P
:D:D

Beware of the collateralizing and monetization of your desires.
D S #3.1415

>well paypal gave me my money back yesterday... very little hassle dealing with them

Fuckin told ya!!:D

who da man......
Who?
Can't hear ya- yyyyeah that's right......
your peeps here!
and don't you forget it :D:D:P
:D:D

As long as you don't ask him who his daddy is . . .