leroydb

a propeller reborn

you just wasted 3min of my life, i want them back...

I only wasted 1:12 minutes of my life. Are you on dial up?:P

That was about the lamest video ever.:D I thought maybe he had made a ceiling fan or something cool.

working out of my car on some wifi thing that i dont know what the source is, i can only be thankful taht the video was short.
JewBag.
www.jewbag.wordpress.com

Please don't stand in the "line of fire" when you first run this propeller. If you were there if the repair broke, you may get killed.

Also, I suggest you run the engine at full speed for several minutes to make sure your repair won't break loose before you commit to normal operation.

Please don't stand in the "line of fire" when you first run this propeller. If you were there if the repair broke, you may get killed.

Also, I suggest you run the engine at full speed for several minutes to make sure your repair won't break loose before you commit to normal operation.

I was thinking the same thing when I watched that. Even after he's done that there are no guarantees.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

I was thinking the same thing when I watched that. Even after he's done that there are no guarantees.

I sat on my hands because I didn't want to come across as the "safety-weenie" Chicken Little, but that's what I would have said.

Modern epoxy is amazing stuff, but my concern is how well will it bond mechanically with the broken piece, what did you do, if anything, to help assure a good bond to the wood, & is it's density close enough to wood to balance it without having to take extreme measures?

Which then lead to a series of thoughts:

1- I'd rather have a prop made of aluminum, or even steel!

2- Doesn't anyone make carbon-fiber propellers?

3- Why not a carbon fiber wrapped, wood core propeller?

4- Why not a carbon fiber foam core prop?
When the only tool you have is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail.