wmw999

Good time at the American Boogie

Had a good time, thanks to all -- and particularly to Phil for the ride and the use of the Tent Mahal. Having a 2-BR tent to yourself makes for a very roomy night :ph34r:. And no, I wasn't looking for more occupants.

Lots of fun jumps.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Great to meet you, Wendy - glad you were able to come up for the boogie. It was one hell of an eventful weekend.:D[:/]B|B|

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Good to meet you, too. And thanks for the ride!

Lookee folks: I'm famous! That's my pink legs snoozing in the background :P

There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

...Lookee folks: I'm famous! That's my pink legs snoozing in the background :P

Here is the full gallery. Most of the other photos show skydivers being a tad more active :)
Photo Galleries - sacbee.com
"It's hard to have fun at 4-way unless your whole team gets down to the ground safely to do it again!"--Northern California Skydiving League re USPA Safety Day, March 8, 2014

This was the first American Boogie that my hubby, Steve, & I have been able to attend since 2004. We had such a great time! It was hot out there, but it sure was fun, wasn't it?! I ended up getting 13 jumps in, and Steve got 15. I was aiming for more, but I got a late start on Thursday and then wilted in the heat of Friday afternoon after only getting 4 jumps in. Oh, well, there's always next year!!

I didn't get to meet you, Wendy, but wish I had as I read your posts here on dz.com all the time. I did meet Mary (FlyAngel, I think?). Love the zippers in the arms of her RW suit. I've already talked a little to the folks at Action Air about putting some in for me on my Flite Suit. Wonderful idea!

Karen

P.S.
The food was really great! Whoever arranged for the Mexican food booth to be there on Fri & Sat gets an A+ from me! :)

I had a great time too. Making great new friends, like you and Lisa and Mary, was a highlight. Of course, the jumping was fantastic and I learned a bunch.

A big thanks to NWFlyer and Monkycndo for the loan of camping stuff and, along with Fozz, transportation to and from the airport.

I definitely plan on a return trip next year. :)

"safety first... and What the hell.....
safety second, Too!!! " ~~jmy

POPS #10490

thanks to all -- and particularly to Phil for the ride and the use of the Tent Mahal. Having a 2-BR tent to yourself makes for a very roomy night .

Thanks to everyone for a great weekend and special Thanks to Phil for letting me use his canopy and Keith for doing my re-currency jump:-)

Crap I got more love being grounded due to injury then when I can actually jump :P

Fire Safety Tip: Don't fry bacon while naked

Hey! Some of us did an early hot air balloon jump after a night of 2.5 hours of sleep! ;)

(I'm the girl taking a quick nap!)

I understand perfectly :) .
"It's hard to have fun at 4-way unless your whole team gets down to the ground safely to do it again!"--Northern California Skydiving League re USPA Safety Day, March 8, 2014

Whoever arranged for the Mexican food booth to be there on Fri & Sat gets an A+ from me!

Those guys rock! Yummy little tacos at skydiver budget prices. B|
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke