WrongWay

Trimming cutaway cables

I've done a search on this and found nothing, so if it's a repost, somebody please point me in the right direction. Thanks.

I got a new cutaway handle and I, of course, need to trim it up. What is the best way to cut it so the end will be smooth? Any certain tools/techniques I should use? Any information would be great....thanks!

Wrong Way
D #27371 Mal Manera Rodriguez Cajun Chicken Ø Hellfish #451
The wiser wolf prevails.

Use a dremel or sharp angle cutter (dikes) to cut the cables. Cut them clean. Then use a heat source, light, torch, whatever and practice forming the ends on the trimmed pieces. Don't over-heat the yellow material (lolon). Take your time and make the ends smooth.

Derek

I've done a search on this and found nothing, so if it's a repost, somebody please point me in the right direction. Thanks.

I got a new cutaway handle and I, of course, need to trim it up. What is the best way to cut it so the end will be smooth? Any certain tools/techniques I should use? Any information would be great....thanks!

LET YOUR RIGGER DO THIS FOR YOU!!!
It seems to be simple, but determination of the corrct lingth might not be that easy. You want both sides to release at the same time don't you?

If you are a rigger, why do you ask this question

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Using your droque to gain stability is a bad habit,
Especially when you are jumping a sport rig

Your profile says you have a Vector. The Vector manual has full instructions on cutting the proper length and how to finish the ends. If you don't have a copy, you can download it from the RWS website. This should be the first place you go for such information:

http://www.relativeworkshop.com/support_manuals.html
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

You want both sides to release at the same time don't you?

No.

I would make that "not necessarily", rather than a flat-out "no". It would depend upon whether or not you have an RSL, wouldn't it?

In all the different manufacturer's instructions I've read, regarding cable lengths on the release handles, I cannot recall having seen where the finished cable lengths were to be exactly the same. With or without an RSL. Some of these were prior to the advent of the RSL. I would highly recommend referring to the manufacturer's instructions or contact the manufacturer in regard to this matter.

Chuck

Chuck