gonzalesna

What's your favorite kind of firework?

What was that thing we put into the toilet at the bowling alley when we were in high school.

What a mess. :ph34r:

M-something.

M-80 >:(:ph34r:

More detail please. Sounds like something good:D

"Once we got to the point where twenty/something's needed a place on the corner that changed the oil in their cars we were doomed . . ."
-NickDG

Haven't seen an M-80 in 40 years. It was another step up from "cheery bomb" size. Firecracker is to cheery bomb, like cherry bomb is to M-80. ;)

The last M-80's that I played with were from "diverted" USFWs cracker shells, which were shotgun shells that shot an M-80 out of the barrel. They are used for scaring certain wildlife, like pest birds. After getting bored with shooting them, we opened up the shells and took out the firecrackers to play with. They could easily blow fingers off, so one had to be careful. The fuses were waterproof, so you could chuck 'em into the water.

Still, tell us the toilet story....

"Once we got to the point where twenty/something's needed a place on the corner that changed the oil in their cars we were doomed . . ."
-NickDG

>Oxygen and acetelyne in a 50 Gal trash bag with a toilet paper wick.,

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAA!:D that's rich!

I learn so many new things on the internet
Shit fer shur thats part of my new weekend plans:)but I am going to try it with a smaller bag first and a longer wick:D

BTW I like the free fireworks-

My neighbors have a huge semi-pro level display planned again this year with giant mortars they got from the local-- "I know a Guy" dude

The police usually show up for these with the "Alright Clancy, wrap up this monkey zoo by eleven" line.

Beware of the collateralizing and monetization of your desires.
D S #3.1415

I learn so many new things on the internet
Shit fer shur thats part of my new weekend plans
but I am going to try it with a smaller bag first and a longer wick

Be very careful - one static spark, and you could see bare bones instead of hands. No joke!

-NickDG

I like the kind that are set off by people who know what they're doing. ;)

[killjoy mode]In general I hate this whole nanny state thing, but I'd make an exception for fireworks - I think they should be restricted to professional display organisers and not sold to the general public.[/killjoy mode]

right!!!!

Mortars which kick the shell waaaay up there with a nice concussive
FOOOOM......
and then, explode into one or two high altitude
bursts,,,, and finish with a bright flash,,, the sound of which, reaches our ears , 2 seconds
later!!!!!! with a terrific BOOM!!!!!!,equivilent to a 1/2 stick of TNT..!!!

jt

Hi Gonzo,
"ALL OF 'EM" As for fun on the 4th or any other time, it's definitely rockets! From bottle rockets to the largest ya' can get!! Cherry bombs, dixie dynamite, regular old firecrackers and you name it. Good fun!! Just be careful out there!! The high-test stuff can relieve you of fingers, eyes and other body parts!!! Remember the sayin' from the military ordnance handelers hard sayin's manual, "5 second fuzes always burn off in 3 seconds!!!" If it's bigger than a standard 1 1/2" firecracker "Light and throw" is not in the picture!!
SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out

>You definitely have my ass confused with someone else's.

so modest-B|

Nope-
I'm sure if there was a vote here there would be majority rule in favor of you and your hot ass- and hot everything else for that matter;)

Beware of the collateralizing and monetization of your desires.
D S #3.1415

>You definitely have my ass confused with someone else's.

so modest-B|

Nope-
I'm sure if there was a vote here there would be majority rule in favor of you and your hot ass- and hot everything else for that matter;)

Yeah, um... seriously.... it's 4 feet wide. You REALLY have me confused with someone else. Seriously. :|
Always be kinder than you feel.

right!!!!

FOOOOM......
bursts,,,, and finish with a bright flash,,, the sound of which, reaches our ears , 2 seconds

jt

Yep, a nice 8" or 10" mortar, a cascade or two, & a good LOUD report at the end!

I know a guy did the garbage bag oxy/acetylene thing back in about 1973. Here's how he did it: Start the torch & set the levels to get a good flame for cutting, then he put out the flame & stick the torch head into a 55 gallon garbage bag & zip-tied it shut with a 6 foot toilet paper fuse.

Jerry put his bag in the tree in his front yard. :| That's a mistake I suggest you avoid! He blew most of the leaves off the tree. :o Took a couple years for the tree to fully recover.

I could totally enjoy setting one off now that I can do it in the middle of a couple acres of field. Wouldn't want to do one that big in the suburbs, though. Even a bag only the size of a bowling ball would give a good loud bang if the mixture was correct.

Static can be a problem in some places. NJ in July isn't one of those places. B|
When the only tool you have is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail.

Mortars are fun. We used to skip them across the water.

Bottle rockets are OK if you abuse them. Very lightly hold one in your hand pointed down at the water and light it. They travel through the water with a stream of bubbles and then blow up under water.

2 liter pop bottles filled with a stoichiometric mixture of oxygen and acetylene set off with a spark plug are AMAZING. A bit dangerous to handle though.

We used to take bottle rockets and shoot them at each other underwater when we'd swim at the river when I lived in La Crosse, WI. It's all fun and games until someone gets hit in the nuts... then it's hillarious!:D
Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.

We used to hold regular Class C 1.5" firecrackers (Black Cat, Thunderbomb....) in our fingers when they went off. The trick is to hold them with as little finger pressure as possible - you feel almost nothing. No pain. If you squeeze them the slightest bit, it hurts. Very hard to do the first time, but after doing it a few times, it's pretty fun. Freaks people out:D

-NickDG

What's your favorite kind of firework?

Telling your wife "Yes, your thighs do look fat in those pants."

BWAHAHAHAHA!!! I DO believe I just pee'd a little...:D:$:D:D:$:D:D
Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.

right!!!!

FOOOOM......

jt

I'm reminded of the time (a month before boot camp) we were setting off mortar fireworks and one was a dud... the fuze hadn't burned all the way. So, we decided to try and light it again. The fuze wouldn't burn, so we did the next dumbest thing... Plastic plate + Gasoline + dud mortar firework + lighter = RUN LIKE HELL!!!

Luckily no one got hurt... especially because I was the dumbass who lit the plate of gasoline with the mortar on it. Guess I was destined to work with explosives for a living long before I ever contemplated the idea.:D