Sandra_M

Electra

Hi! I have bought a gear with a 170sqft electra and a atom 00 container. The canopy has only got 19 jumps. Is electra a god canopy and what do you think about the container? I will be happy for all answers about the gearB| My wingload is 0.9.

Blue Skies
//Sandra

never jumped an electra, but now jump regularly an Atom 000. I like the rig, the only thing I dislike about it is the ridiculously small pilot chute with bungee retraction.. Gonna get a bigger kill line PC...
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

Hi, congrats on your new rig :-).

I'm happy with my Atom, however I don't like the pin protection flap, it does open to easy. Newer Atoms have solved this problem.

I did a few jumps on the Electra in my student time and I don't think it's a good canopy for beginners. It's tapered and pretty fast - in fact I wasn't able to do safe landings with it. However my wingload on this canopy was around 1.1 so with 0.9 it might be a bit slower - but be careful. If I remember 1.1 is the max wingload on the Electra 170 as it is restricted to 80KG exit weight.

never jumped an electra, but now jump regularly an Atom 000. I like the rig, the only thing I dislike about it is the ridiculously small pilot chute with bungee retraction.. Gonna get a bigger kill line PC...

I just posted a question regarding the atom pilot chutes. i have jsut aquired an Atom 00 and i would like to put my Stiletto 150 in this container. I was wanderig if the very small bungee colapsible pilot chute is suitable for this canopy??

the best is to ask a rigger, as the PC belongs to the bag...
What I know is Stiletto's and me don't go well together... I dislike the openings...
My Safire2 and Crossfire2 go very well on opening even with BIG PC's.
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

Ok! My atom 00 is from dec 99 but I know what you mean whit the flap, its a bit short! I have jumped with a merit before and I liked the flare and had no trouble landing it.;) And its very fast in the air, great turns. But I didn´t like the openings, very fast openingsB| so my back didn´t like it...