wildcard451

Wimbledon Men's Final

I watch both ;) The game was amazing and i thought Andy could get the better of federer. i really wanted Roddick to win- im sick of Federer hogging up the courts :(

Dudeist Skydiver #170
You do not need a parachute to skydive, you only need one to skydive again

I was glued to the set for the whole match, what a nailbiter! To lose after fighting for so long, that's gotta be tough!
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Roddick was just too exhausted by the end of it- you could see he was a broken man. the press conference later just showed how upset he was. himself and Lleyton Hewitt are both my favorite players
Dudeist Skydiver #170
You do not need a parachute to skydive, you only need one to skydive again

Since it had been so long since he's won a Grand Slam, I had written him off as being a player who would just make it to the semi-finals for the next few years and then would eventually retire. I've earned a new respect for his skills after that match. Sucks that he happens to be vying for titles at the same time as the most accomplished player ever!
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

In all honesty I thought it was a pretty poor final. Ok, it had tension and unpredictability, but it was more the tension of frustration that neither player could step up and actually try and win the game rather than keep on not losing it.

Much credit to Roddick, he came out with a simple, straightforward gameplan and executed it extremely well - but it wasn't pretty tennis. As for Fed, ok, his service display was phenomenal, but for most of the match his serve was the only thing keeping him in it. I haven't seen him play that badly from the baseline in a long time. Time after time in the final set he'd throw away two or three chances by making unforced errors in a rally, leaving Roddick only needing one or two free service points per game to close them out. Which he will always get. Lets face it, if it wasn't for a GS title on the line that final set was tedious as hell.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?