SivaGanesha

best DZ food?

Which DZ would you say has the best food? I was impressed with the food at Skydance at the American Boogie. There are too many DZ's to really create a poll on this but I just wondered if any DZ had a reputation for especially good food.
"It's hard to have fun at 4-way unless your whole team gets down to the ground safely to do it again!"--Northern California Skydiving League re USPA Safety Day, March 8, 2014

'The Dive' cafe at Skydive Dallas has some EXCELLENT food. Much better than we skydivers deserve.

It used to be:(. Chef Mike is not running it anymore.[:/] It was the best food for miles untill he left. Now its just food.
Nothing opens like a Deere!

You ignorant fool! Checks are for workers!

Since i started jumping at Perris 5 years ago, the Bombshelter has gone from poor to excellent.

Probably has something to do with hiring a real chef and a real restaurant manager, but i could be wrong. :P

But i think the best food i had was at Skydive Chicago.

Never meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!

if you want TASTE, come over to Switzerland. :)

uschi and bruno are giving up on the "flüüger".. kinda sad, altough they're nice people, i dont really know what to think about the food there..
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

'The Dive' cafe at Skydive Dallas has some EXCELLENT food. Much better than we skydivers deserve.

It used to be:(. Chef Mike is not running it anymore.[:/] It was the best food for miles untill he left. Now its just food.

Chef Mike did have some interesting creations. But overall, it's still better than most dz food.

And where the hell were you Friday?
It's a gift, I don't try to explain it.

Chef Mike did have some interesting creations. But overall, it's still better than most dz food.

And where the hell were you Friday?

Those chicken 'n cheese quesadillas still hit the spot perfectly!

Yeah, the 'Green Machine' was conspicuously absent this weekend...??:o
'To fly is heaven, to freefall is divine'

'You only need 2 tools. WD40 for when it doesn't move but should, and duct tape for when it moves but shouldn't'

Usually not much, except Cindy's home cooked lunches.

Last night, however, some seriously, tenderly and lovingly cooked brisket along with three magnificently rubbed and fried turkeys provided by Gary Schneider's father.

(And the five cases of Shiner Bock provided by yours truly for past debts.)

Lexington, Texas
Russell M. Webb D 7014
Attorney at Law
713 385 5676
https://www.tdcparole.com

Yea i wish i was there but i messed up my right arm the friday before lastB|. Its not to bad, but i could not have jumped as safely as i like so im taking a week or two off. I hope to get out there next friday and see how it goes. Hope you all had a good time! Hell Pete was even there and not me[:/] Sorry guys.

Nothing opens like a Deere!

You ignorant fool! Checks are for workers!

Which DZ would you say has the best food? I was impressed with the food at Skydance at the American Boogie. There are too many DZ's to really create a poll on this but I just wondered if any DZ had a reputation for especially good food.

Scotty Carbone is a decent cook. I'd guess that wherever he now hangs his hat (Skydive America?) is good.

For really good eats you'll want one of the few drop zones close to a city with enough people and money for fine dining for which I'd nominate Mile Hi Skydiving in scenic Longmont, CO just 12 miles down Diagonal Highway from Boulder. Inside of 20 minutes you should be parked and at places like L'Atelier (modern French, exceptional), Sushi Tora (with tasty selections flown in from the Tsukiji fish market in Tokyo like eel in a bucket you have things you can't even get on the Pacific coast. Sushi quality is usually better too), or the Walnut Brewery (They'll serve you a genuine draught cask ale pint with a side of salmon fish and chips. Real beer doesn't come from a gas pressurized tap).

Ditto.

I'm sitting at the Tiki Hut last night sipping on a Margarita and eating sushi.
I asked Sparky, "What's wrong with this picture?'
His grinning reply as he's enjoying his sushi, "Not a damn thing."
“The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him.

Stanislaw Jerzy Lec quotes (Polish writer, poet and satirist 1906-1966)

Skydive Chicago.

And a special thanks to the Carbone Zone over the years.

Carbone Zone does have good food......especially when I could catch him on a load....I used to run in, cook my burger and pay him just as he was walking in after his jump!:P:P:P:P:P

I can hear him say.......Get the fuck out of my kitchen!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D

"Some call it heavenly in it's brilliance,
others mean and rueful of the western dream"

Technically not part of the DZ, but the airport bar in Deland has the best burgers I've encountered anywhere in Florida (or anywhere east of the Mississippi River, for that matter).
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!