skittles_of_SDC

A question for women about dates

Edit: For the record she's already said yes to dinner. I just thought it'd be nice to know for the future cause idk if I tried way too hard on this one.

Another question I've never fully understood is--when does something officially become a "date"? If a man and a woman--both unattached, heterosexual, not related, and not in a work context--go out and have dinner together, is that automatically considered a "date"? Because there have been times when I've been in that situation where it has not really seemed like a date and other times when it definitely has the atmosphere of a date.

It's a date only if you know that she knows the intention of the date.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

Im not good at the games therefore Im not good at dating. It would make it easier if people didnt have preconceptions of what they hope a person is and try to impose that on the person they are seeing! listen up ladies Im not a knight in shining armour! I am prolly just as fucked up as you, ok prolly not that bad :P:P Nor am I a piece of meat to be used for your pleasure! (This one can be worked around)

Beauty is only skin deep, but ugly goes clean to the bone!

I like to start my day off with a little Ray of Soulshine™!!

Im not good at the games therefore Im not good at dating. It would make it easier if people didnt have preconceptions of what they hope a person is and try to impose that on the person they are seeing! listen up ladies Im not a knight in shining armour! I am prolly just as fucked up as you, ok prolly not that bad :P:PNor am I a piece of meat to be used for your pleasure! (This one can be worked around)

Everyone always says their not into playing games., thats all it is. One big game!!!!

Use and abuse., hell I would.....

The the only way im getting tied down again is outta pure FUN!!!!!

WTF is the rubber chicken for:o
I Am Sofa King We Todd Did!!

I never heard anyone say dating is easy - I hate dating ..

Dating was easy for me.:)
It was getting the second date that was hard.[:/]

:P:D

I enjoyed dating. It was an adventure. But I like meeting new people. With that said, I've enjoyed marriage even more. But . . . I had to date a lot to find her.;)

If it were for a random bar skank I would tell you to never call her again.

I didn't say that you would have to change what you were already doing with someone, either. Remember, my responses were geared toward the notion that you had just met someone. Also, talking to someone several times a week goesn't really change what I am saying. I am saying that you need to give someone room to breathe after going out with them. Calling them the night of your date or the morning after is just wierd.

Dude, you will know better than anyone after you pass/fail enough. That doesn't seem dumb.:|

I never heard anyone say dating is easy - I hate dating ..

Dating was easy for me.:)
It was getting the second date that was hard.[:/]

:P:D

I enjoyed dating. It was an adventure. But I like meeting new people. With that said, I've enjoyed marriage even more. But . . . I had to date a lot to find her.;)

Hi J

IMO "Back in the day" dating was fun and easyB|.

After reading this thread dating these days sounds scaryB|

These days peeps have: Internet, Cell phone's, Caller ID to name just a few, to deal with. [:/]
One Jump Wonder

Also, you are the one who created the thread looking for advice. Keeping yourself from hearing out each of your responders is definitely not in your best interest. However, I did enjoy how you initially tried to find a logical contradiction within my first post.

Again, its all up to you big guy.

Flirting is a game.

Dating... I'm just plain old me.
We go somewhere with no more expectations than to have a good time. See how it goes from there.

I call her because I feel like it - not because I 'have to'.
It works.

Not with all women obviously, but with the ones I'm attracted to it does.
"That formation-stuff in freefall is just fun and games but with an open parachute it's starting to sound like, you know, an extreme sport."
~mom

And please don't call me a lesbian because I'm not interested in you of that one video on the internet from when I was in college!!

:D:D:D

:D:D:D Damn!! Thought I bought all of the copies!! :P

Not since the new data reconstruction technologies came out for general consumer use.:)
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Not since the new data reconstruction technologies came out for general consumer use

Now we're going to descramble video evidence of Twardo with a full head of hair.

No way - you cannot transfer cave drawings.:|
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

I really don't understand dating. If some people think there are rules and some think there are games while others did not know there were rules and are not playing the games, how does anyone know what's going on?

That's some chilling stuff there.
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

That's some chilling stuff there.

The part about the games, or that you cannot transfer the cave drawings?

As far as the games go - pick a set of three Dungeons and Dragons dice, One 7 sided, One 20 sided, and one 40 sided. Assign a day of the week to the 7 sided, and a random emotional state to numbers (1 each) to the 20 sided. On the 40 sided die, assign random actions, "Run away" or "Cuddle" maybe even "Smile and Laugh", roll the dice and predict your situational outcome by making a sentence out of the resulting corresponding words.

You will obviously have a better chance of winning the game that way than just taking it day by day hoping for logical patterns.

:)
And they say I have Trust Issues. BAH!:D:D