grimmie

Hockey Playoffs...

About midway through the 2nd period I looked at my wife and said that win or loose both Hudler and Stuart must go. Now that the game is over, I more than stand by that. I understand that hockey is a team sport, and there is blame to go around, but Stuart has had major brain farts the entire series. The turnovers in the 2nd tonight were inexcusable and in my opinion the cause of the loss.
It wouldn't hurt you to think like a fucking serial killer every once in a while - just for the sake of prevention

Did I hear right? Were the Detroit fans booing Bettman? I thought the little puke would never shut up so it was much appreciated. CBC didn't even cut to him when he was announcing Malkin as Conn Smythe winner even though you could see him in the background of the player interview that was going on.

Great Game 7 and congrats to the Pens for playing about half the game without Crosby and still winning it.
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

Looked to me like the brain farts were team-wide! For a game seven, in the Finals, the Wings couldn't get it going. I was surprised at Hudler! Everyone on the Wings team looked flat. He's usually much better. The Penns just flat, out-played Detroit.

Chuck

Yeah, they bood Bettman! All the 'conspiracy theorists' feel that Bettman 'set-up' the Pens win through 'non calls' and giving the Pens the edge in the series. Granted, the officiating was beyond horrible but, the Wings beat themselves. Lack of defense, puck control, sloppy passes... you name it. They looked more like Junior-B than NHL. I would imagine, some heads will roll in MoTown. We'll know better come October.

Chuck

For sale : 1 bottle Dom Perignon, vintage 2008, excellent condition, never opened.

<<< putting on "good sport" face >>>

Congrats to the Pens. They outplayed the Wings, they wanted it more, blah blah blah.

<<< taking off "good sport" face >>>

Did Crosby ever prove in this series that he was even a player, much less the superstar of the league ?

I'd have given the Conn Smythe to MAF instead of Malkin.

The only highlight of the evening was the Wings' fans booing Bettman every time he opened his mouth.

Don
"When in doubt I whip it out,
I got me a rock-and-roll band.
It's a free-for-all."

Did you happen to listen to the commentators after the game? They kept rattling on about Cindy Crosby and what a 'great leader' and captain he was... blah, blah, blah ad infinitum. Crosby got one goal in this series and was otherwise... flat! Looks like we've got a whole year to listen to that kinda' crap. Fleury should've gotten the Conn Smythe! As for booing Bettman... YES! Not because the Wings lost but, Bettman has been so obvious in his support of Pitt. that it was sickening. The guy has no business being NHL commish! As for the refs... they need to go back to school and stay awake this time!

Chuck

Well hockey fans. This has been a blast. Sometime gut wrenching, sometimes exhilarating.

I think the NHL needs a face for the game so bad that Sid gets overhyped. He didn't score in the finals like everyone expected, but the small things were huge. He kept Zetterberg pretty occupied. When Malkin starts speaking a little better english the league will start pumping him up, along with Ovechkin. Our sport needs it.

I think MAF was incredible the final two games. He's a pretty cool customer for a goalie.

But the differece maker was Max Talbot. His fight with Carcillo of the Flyers and his timely goals and hits lead the way for the Pens.

The Red Wings played great, but you can't let a good, young, hungry team come back from 0-2.

Sometimes I think certain people are born just to hold the Cup high.

In Spite of Bettman, the Refs and a crummy TV deal I think this was one of the most exciting playoffs in a long time. And game seven was epic!

It's been great talking hockey here. Let's hope we get a Pens/Wings rematch next year!

See you guys in October!!!B|

The Detroit Free Press's Helene St. James reports that Red Wings captain Nicklas Lidstrom had surgery to repair a damaged testicle during Detroit's conference final series against the Chicago Blackhawks ...

http://blog.mlive.com/snapshots/2009/06/red_wings_captain_nicklas_lids_6.html

Oh my. I can't even begin to think about this. This makes Ericsson's appendix surgery look mild by comparison.
It wouldn't hurt you to think like a fucking serial killer every once in a while - just for the sake of prevention

Nick got 'speared' in the Chicago series! I'll say one thing, the Wings did enter the Finals pretty beat-up but, they didn't let that get them down. They kept struggling.
A lot of talk too about Crosby snubbing the Wings after the game. After all the hype and constant chatter and mindless drivel about Crosby, I was expecting more out of him. Talbot did more in the Finals than 'Sid the Kid'!
All in all, a good series. Sure, I'm a bit disappointed the Wings lost but, you can't win 'em all. Here's to next year.

Chuck

Crosby shook everyones hands in the line up after the game, maybe he got a bit hyped up in the cup going around afterwards to go over and have a chat with the redwings captain staff.

Crosby did shake hands with everyone, the media is making way too big of a deal of this.

I think malkin did deserve the consmith, fleury was good but was inconsistant, malkin lead all players in points and played the most consistant throughout the playoffs. The redwings played a great series, and they had the most chances and played really hard in game 7, it was a battle of osgood and fleury and both played amazing but osgood showed he was human and let one bad goal in, those are the breaks but i have a ton of respect for both teams as they both played very well and both deserving of the Cup.
Both teams will be a contender next year for sure. Cant wait for the upcoming season!!!!
The Altitude above you, the runway behind you, and the fuel not in the plane are totally worthless
Dudeist Skydiver # 10

I was just going by an Associated Press article. Good for Crosby. I'd hate to think anyone said anything bad about him. They've said enough already.
It was, a good series. I've seen both goalies take cheap goals and I think they were fairly even, To be honest, I think the Red Wings just ran out of steam.
What really interested me was, of the two Cup contenders... neither finished the regular season in first place. Detroit was 2nd. and Pitt was what, 4th.? Just shows, the old adage is true... any team can beat any other team on any day.:D
You are right. Malkin really did deserve the Conn Smythe trophy. I think, he kinda' turned the tide for Pitt. He made a series out of it, for sure.

Chuck

I think, Cheli will hang-up his skates. Just watching him throughout the play-offs, by the time the Wings met the Pens, he just didn't have the the steam. His ice time was minimal compared to the regular season. I'm sure, he's mulling over retirement. I look for a few more changes in the Wings line-up. Like keeping Abdelkader. I think, Stuart is 'iffy'. We may not even see Hossa. I would like to see the Wings keep Hossa. I just feel, he succumbed to pressure... mostly self-inflicted.

Chuck

Abdelkader would be a great addition to the wings lineup, kind of dissapointed they didnt keep him through the entire playoffs, he was huge for the wings in more then a few games.
The Altitude above you, the runway behind you, and the fuel not in the plane are totally worthless
Dudeist Skydiver # 10

You bet! I think, they were trying to work Draper back in the line-up and benched Abdelkader. From what I've been reading, the Wings organization is looking real close at him and I look to see him as a regular, next season.
As for the Crosby 'snub'. I think, there was a mis-understanding about the whole thing and really not much of anything.
Crosby, I really think, is over-rated and way over hyped. He did a bit like Hossa... real good in the regular season then not so hot in the play-offs.
All in all, I saw a lot of parrallels between the Wings and Pens. They had 'stars' who didn't shine and guys who were 'un-sung', step-up and play. A really interesting series.

Chuck

I agree he is over-hyped....but he is an outstanding player, shouldnt have the C yet, they need to let him develop into a complete rounded player before putting the weight of the NHL on his shoulders. I blame it on bettman....because i can lol
Dudeist Skydiver # 10

:D:D You're probably not far off, blaming Bettman. Crosby has just had too much put on him too soon. I agree, they should have let him play for a couple years without burdening him with the 'C'.
I was thinking about Chelios and I would be surprised if, he played next year. You could really see that it was catching-up with him. Also, at his 'Cheli's Chili' in Dearborn, one of his staff was murdered last year and that probably had some effect on him. Over all, I just don't think he has the 'wheels'.

Chuck