popsjumper

"Cliques"????

You are all too clique......not feeling welcome here, I'm going to the free beer thread and mooch over there! :D:D

LifeshouldNOTbeajourneytothegravewithawellpreservedbody,buttskidinsideways,cigarinone hand,martiniintheother,bodythoroughlyused upandscreaming:"WOO HOO!! What a ride!!!"

So what are the stalking laws for then? I mean - I wanted to hang out with you, I WAS ENTITLED to hang out with you, but NOOOOOO - you went and got a restraining order, didn't you!

You just went too far when you snuck into my tent and stole my thongs. You sniffed them, didn't you?
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Personally, I think sometimes people use the word clique in a derogatory way to shift blame and mask their own inadequacies in making friends.

So, I think you nailed it - blame others for your own inadequacy is what's going on ...

I find it interesting, if not ironic, that fellow skydivers feel the need to personally attack someone for making a slight criticism at the same time you're claiming to be 'open-armed.' Fine if you disagree with someone - I mean, the whole point of these forums are for discussion, right? But is there really any need to be nasty about it? [:/]

So what are the stalking laws for then? I mean - I wanted to hang out with you, I WAS ENTITLED to hang out with you, but NOOOOOO - you went and got a restraining order, didn't you!

Why would she need to get a restraining order when she's got the Power?
"That formation-stuff in freefall is just fun and games but with an open parachute it's starting to sound like, you know, an extreme sport."
~mom

Why would she need to get a restraining order when she's got the Power?

We're not allowed to discuss it anymore.:|

I can only illude to the event by mentioning "Something about Mary" and the phrase - "Zit on your EYEBALL"

That's all I'm sayin' though.:|
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

OK, so where to start.......

I was reading in a thread that somebody was complaining about a DZ being "cliquey". .

yes, i used the word! I did not realise people would get such a stick up their butt about it! It was in a thread where someone asked for OPINIONS on local Dz's. I gave mine.

He only goes to the DZ after hours and apparently doesn't fit in with some of the people he wants to fit in with.

Please re-read the post and get your facts correct before posting. The word used was "usually", I have been to the Farm quite a few times during daylight hours, I have also been introduced to people there by staff who are friends of mine and yes, i found them to be cliquey! I also do not feel the need to "fit in" with anyone thank you very much.

Only coming over at night to get free beers is not going to get you very far towards making friends either..

and you can fuck right off with that comment.

YOU Andy, have PERSONALLY accepted beer and other alcohol from me. To imply that I am some sort of freeloader REALLY boils my blood.

Personally, I think sometimes people use the word clique in a derogatory way to shift blame and mask their own inadequacies in making friends.

I have travelled to and worked in over 25 countries on 5 different continents, I have also visited qute a few different DZ's. I have friends from many different cultures in places you have probably never even heard of. (locations, not body parts!). I do not have trouble making friends.

So....bottom line, I'm a little disappointed that a reply to someone asking for opinions on places has turned into such a personal attack.

Yes, if I am introduced to people via mutual friends, have them initially accept beer / shots or whatever, invite them help themselves from my cooler (which they do) only to then later on be completely blanked at attempts at conversation, I'm going to call the place cliquey!

I obviously didn't realise how sensative people are to slightly negative comments about their home DZ!

and no, I'm not just some sort of obnoxious twat when i'm drunk or something either :P

and with that, I'm going to go away, take a deep breath and count to 10.

I'm going to the Ranch in August, does anyone who jumps there have any words they would like me to not use if I anyone asks me how I found it!
It's not the speed that kills ya, it's the sudden stops!

LOL :ph34r:

I've been called a social butterfly, and I've been called a clique`y bitch. :S It's interesting how people can / do perceive other people. If you're new, yes it's easy to feel left out, but to justify it by using the word clique is lame. Introduce yourself, and ask questions to learn about the people - there are alot of very cool & interesting people in this community.

Yes there are people who do shun people... but I will say that out of all the DZ's I've visited with the exception of 1 (to remane nameless) I've found everyone very welcoming & and friendly.

g

"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?

LOL :ph34r:

I've been called a social butterfly, and I've been called a clique`y bitch. :S It's interesting how people can / do perceive other people. If you're new, yes it's easy to feel left out, but to justify it by using the word clique is lame. Introduce yourself, and ask questions to learn about the people - there are alot of very cool & interesting people in this community.

Yes there are people who do shun people... but I will say that out of all the DZ's I've visited with the exception of 1 (to remane nameless) I've found everyone very welcoming & and friendly.

g

Just because they didn't stock step stools in your size, don't hate . . . appreciate.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Well, Hairy Haggis...I put the OP up in general terms. If you want to stand up and wave your hand and lay claim that the post was about you and that I'm attacking you personally, go and and do so...oh wait...you already did.

You can take you foot out of your mouth now...everyone who knows me knows I don't drink and haven't done so in any significant way since the Monroe days with the exception of one beer every 6 months or more.

I don't even know you...the name Peter does not strike a bell.

No need to be such a hater. Putting in your thoughts on what constitutes a clique is what the thread is about.

Getting your panties in a wad over something so like this makes me think you have a guilty conscious.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

I think everyone will see it differently, but in my mind, a "clique" is a group of people who aren't particularly friendly with people outside their group, and not particularly receptive to adding new members to their group.

Blues,
Dave

Sounds right to me. "Aren't particularly friendly" and "not particularly receptive" are the key phrases here.

That pretty much describes how I would define a "clique".

Just because they didn't stock step stools in your (Guppie01's) size, don't hate . . . appreciate.

I'm going out today to buy that "special sized" step stool just in case she ever makes it back out this way again.

Oh wait...I already have one...a dime.

No, that's not bad and you're entitled to hang out with whomever you want.

She's just not that into you.... :P
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

She's just not that into you.... :P

I don't think she ever was. :P
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Clique
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about social groups. For other uses, see Clique (disambiguation).
A clique (IPA:/'kliːk/, pronounced /'klɪk/ by some Americans) is an exclusive group of people who share interests, views, purposes, patterns of behavior, or ethnicity.[1] A clique as a reference group can be either normative or comparative. Membership in a clique is often, but not necessarily, exclusive, and qualifications for membership may be social or essential to the nature of the clique. The term 'clique' may be used pejoratively.

it is what it is
"Never grow a wishbone, where your backbone ought to be."

I was reading in a thread that somebody was complaining about a DZ being "cliquey". ?

Are you referring to the "somebody" who refuses to divulge the first or slightest fragment of his or her identity in his or her posts?

If so, I must agree with him or her. I'm a proud member of the clique that refuses to hang out with people who don't exist.

But I do exist, if only in your mind.

[ZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....................
ZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....................
]
OrFunV/LocoBoca Rodriguez/Sonic Grieco/Muff Brother #4411
-"and ladies....messin with Robbie is venturing into territory you cant even imagine!-cuz Robbie is

As far as I know, I don't belong to any cliques. I have friends all over the place, yes even one or two at ASC, however those are pre-ASC friends.

The only real clique I can think of that I'm in... is this one! Dropzone.com's own Bonfire. :P

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

We may have stumbled onto the solution for cliques.
Reverse Restraining Orders.

If you walk up to a group and they refuse to associate
with you, then you get a Reverse Restraining Order.
Next time, you just hand them the order and they
have to hang out with you.
:)

The cops show up... "It's a 30-day order.
Now go make him a sammich."

Andy, you are in the "older instructor who looks like a hippy and lives in a closet at the DZ" clique

:D:D
but...but...it's a well-kept closet!

Andy, you are in the "older instructor who looks like a hippy and lives in a closet at the DZ" clique

but...but...it's a well-kept closet!

With so many skeletons hanging in it...I kinda doubt that! :P

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Clique
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about social groups. For other uses, see Clique (disambiguation).
A clique (IPA:/'kliːk/, pronounced /'klɪk/ by some Americans) is an exclusive group of people who share interests, views, purposes, patterns of behavior, or ethnicity.[1] A clique as a reference group can be either normative or comparative. Membership in a clique is often, but not necessarily, exclusive, and qualifications for membership may be social or essential to the nature of the clique. The term 'clique' may be used pejoratively.

it is what it is

Hmm ... we (skydivers) as a group are a "clique", aren't we? :|