Jaap

Jumped Aerodynes "New Main"

Details? How did it compare to your Samurai?

It is similar to it, except for the frontriser pressure (which is higher) and the flare (which is lower).

Lower in the control range (longer break setting maybe?) or less flare?

ciel bleu,
Saskia

Well, some canopies seem to plane out with the toggles at about sholder level. Other manufactors designs need input at about mid chest to do the same thing. PD canopies tend to have their flare band higher then Icarus canopies for example.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Ah. I see. I think perhaps I was just confused on terminology. I'm used to thinking of the "brake setting" as the distance from the loop that is used to lock the brakes off for deployment, and the "toggle setting" as the distance to the toggle attachment (in both cases, distance from the control line cascade).

Apologies for the confusion.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

The canopy you tried, the Mamba 111, or "New main" as it was called then, is one of our team canopies (Norwegian 4-way team, Arcteryx). My teammate lengthened the steering lines only a few days before you tried it. This will probably explain why you felt the the flare range was a bit "low". I have several hundred jumps on the canopy and the flare power of this canopy is excellent.

The canopy you tried, the Mamba 111, or "New main" as it was called then, is one of our team canopies (Norwegian 4-way team, Arcteryx). My teammate lengthened the steering lines only a few days before you tried it. This will probably explain why you felt the the flare range was a bit "low".

Ah, now I understand. B|. I knew you guys were jumping these. Arnold was scrambling that Friday to get them to the post office to get them back to you guys.

I have several hundred jumps on the canopy and the flare power of this canopy is excellent.

Yes it is. Never had a problem with it and it just got better with more speed. Thanks for the opportunity to try it. It was real fun ;).
Chaos, panic, & disorder - my work here is done