BillyVance

Take a look at this sucker

Caught her hiding by a corner post on my front porch. I named her Michelle... :ph34r:

Now before anybody complains about me killing her, remember, I have two young girls that I don't want being put at risk around these little critters... :P
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Not to overly alarm you, but consider that where there is one there are probably more. Consider chemical interdiction.

Elvisio "interdicition?" Rodriguez

agreed, where there is one there are more, time to start looking around, and they are real fast so don't play around

pain at bite site, muscle cramps, severe abdominal pain - no fun
Give one city to the thugs so they can all live together. I vote for Chicago where they have strict gun laws.

Pretty spider.

Those beauties will mess you up.

My co-worker was bit by one and you could see the next day a vane swollen in his arm then one near his heart.

Pretty narly stuff :S

Ill try and get some pics.

Briles

Why not?
My direction in life is up...then down again REALLY REALLY FAST!!!
Never take life too seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.
D.S. #55

Not to overly alarm you, but consider that where there is one there are probably more. Consider chemical interdiction.

Elvisio "interdicition?" Rodriguez

When I was little, and saw the white, round cocoons the babies were in, I'd poke holes in it with a toothpick so I could watch the babies run out.

:o
Be yourself!
MooOOooOoo

Not sure where you live, but up here in the high desert, east of Los Angeles, we have those running all over. Now in general, I like nature to work its magic, you know, spiders are good. But I have two kids two, the four legged kind.

So what we do up here is a sport, its called...."spider patrol." Heres how it works. About an hour or more after sundown, and several cocktails, you head out...armed with a flashlight, a lighter, and your favorite flamable mixer in a can, such as WD40, breakclean, or maybe hairspray. Now, you walk around the yard, looking for a real messy web, thats the sign of a widow. Black widows hunt at night, and when you find one hanging out, put the flashlight on them, they freeze....then, light them up! Have fun.

oh, it helps to have a sober person around with a fire putter outer!

I hope that last picture is of it dead!

Found one in my yard last week and did the same thing as you. Caught it in a cup to show my two older sons (7 & 8) what one looks like and not to mess with it (like daddy was doing).

A few days later we were playing out in a field and my 7-year old lifted a flat rock, yelped, quickly dropped the rock and then started screaming there was a black widow under the rock. I was so glad I taught them the week before what one was because I don't know what he's have done otherwise.

We killed that one too. That's the best kind of black widow to me!
Andy
I'll believe it when I see it on YouTube!

Google the Brown Widow, They are everywhere in the South.

Look for the spiked egg sacks.

Brown Widow? Why have I not heard of that one? And please, no canned jokes... :P

You sure you didn't mean Brown Recluse? Those are worse than Black Widows...
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Not sure where you live, but up here in the high desert, east of Los Angeles, we have those running all over. Now in general, I like nature to work its magic, you know, spiders are good. But I have two kids two, the four legged kind.

So what we do up here is a sport, its called...."spider patrol." Heres how it works. About an hour or more after sundown, and several cocktails, you head out...armed with a flashlight, a lighter, and your favorite flamable mixer in a can, such as WD40, breakclean, or maybe hairspray. Now, you walk around the yard, looking for a real messy web, thats the sign of a widow. Black widows hunt at night, and when you find one hanging out, put the flashlight on them, they freeze....then, light them up! Have fun.

oh, it helps to have a sober person around with a fire putter outer!

I like the way you think. Last year I mowed over a yellow jacket nest in the ground and the bastards chased me 200 yards stinging me along the way. I came back the next day with gasoline, a long stick and rag wrapped around one end, and lit the fuckers up.

Arachnophobia was a damned good movie with lots of suspense, but around here, I'll give them hell if they so much as raise a leg at me. :P

And yes, the last picture was taken after I dumped her out on the driveway and stomped her. Yes, she made a messy web where I found her, but didn't find any egg sacs.

Black Widows aren't the only dangerous critters around here. I once caught a baby Copperhead snake under my front door behind the welcome mat. You know babies are more dangerous than their parents... Yeah I killed the little bitch too. Had to.

I spray the perimeter of my house with Home Defense every couple of weeks. Seems to work really well. However my main target are the ants. Too many of those around.

Brown Widow?

Yes, there are brown ones too... and the markings are on the back vs the belly.

I grew up with widows... we had a couple that lived in our basement. I didn't like them, but my mom didn't seem overly concerned so we just let them hang out there and stayed clear of them.

g
"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?