ntrprnr

Anyone doing the NYC Triathlon next weekend?

I know we have some Triathletes here. Just curious if anyone's doing the NYC Tri next weekend.

I'm in the Clydesdale category. Come by and say hi, if you are! :)

On what section of the river is the swim portion these days? I used to assist with the organization of kayak support for all of the swims and will never forget the madness of the first NYC tri when the current was stronger than predicted and the swim take out was chaos. Lucky nobody died that year. That year and the few following were my only exposure to the elite classification of athletes. Unreal watching them go through the transitions.
Killing threads since 2004.

On what section of the river is the swim portion these days? I used to assist with the organization of kayak support for all of the swims and will never forget the madness of the first NYC tri when the current was stronger than predicted and the swim take out was chaos. Lucky nobody died that year. That year and the few following were my only exposure to the elite classification of athletes. Unreal watching them go through the transitions.

Beauty of the NYC Tri is that it will ALWAYS be my fastest swim time EVER. Starts at 99th street, ends at 79th street. It rocks. The speed in which I go with that current, I could be wearing floaties and still have by best time ever. http://nyctri.com has a .kmz link for google earth.

Hoping to break 2:55.

Did you do it back in 2000, or whatever year it was that NYC 2012 organized it? There were old timers coming in with elite times. The current was so much faster than predicted, and then swimmers got funneled UNDER the take out barge. Kayakers were being swamped by 4 or 5 swimmers each. They really are lucky nobody died. We moved the course further towards shore after the first two heats and the rest of the day was uneventful. Looking back, a lot of fun, no so much fun at the time.
Killing threads since 2004.

Is there room on the couch? I'll come cheer you on! ;)

Good luck! Run, Peter, Run!

For you, there's always room on the couch, race or not. :)

For you, there's always room on the couch, race or not.

Have I told you lately that I love you!? :)
Is there a website we can watch that will post times so we can see how you're doing?
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

You know, that could be really fun, great way to see NYC from a different perspective.

Bad thing is I'm done I tell you, done with triathlons!!
We'll see.

That is a good time goal Peter. You can do it. I remember seeing your swim time last time you did this one. Totally unfair. I just did my only tri this year last weekend and managed a 25:30 1500m swim. If there was a current no one could tell.

Anyway. Do great Peter!!! Have fun!
Skymama's #2 stalker -