bodypilot90

help with a nas enclosure,

I have a 650 bt nas enclosure w/ a 1 tb hd. I can see it if I hook it up via a usb connection but not on my network. Tried 2 network cables and the indicator light on my wireless router lights up when I turn it on. Help!

Be sure to give it a few minutes to get an IP from the router, sometimes they're a little slow.

Also, you may want to make sure there isn't some type of security involved that prevents it from connecting (my first guess would be MAC filtering, but that's pretty rare on wired connections to these types of routers)

Most of those NAS devices have auto switching ports so you really should be able to use a regular cable.

All of the info I got on that device said you should try http://storage but with the way I keep my network setup that would never work, I'd have to go to the IP address of the device and I'd find that by checking my router's DCHP lease table.

Anyways, good luck. :)

Set the IP address manually using the USB to access the console on the device. Once set, connect it to the network and try to ping that IP address from a machine on the same network.

~Gav
Life doesn't need reasons, just participants.

D.S.#21

I got a Synology Cube station (http://www.synology.com/) and love it... it is attached to my LAN and it performs a backup of my desktop workstation onto a set of redundant disks... (2 - 1TB drives and 2 - 640GB drives)

It's also running a webserver with a small website (blog)...
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...