futuredivot

Who gets the unedited you?

We all self edit when we're around people, social standards demand it-and that's a good thing. If you're in a stable relationship you definitely don't say everything that comes to mind. Is there anyone in your life that gets the worst you have to offer?

The most tasteless jokes, most un-pc observations. Nothing is off the table when you're talking to this person.

Sort of an offshoot of something I said to Bolas today. He gets to hear me at my most obnoxious and abrasive. You gotta have one friend like that
You are only as strong as the prey you devour

I find that being in a stable relationship means that you CAN say everything that comes to mind. I find that the only person I have that with is my fiance' and for the most part my mother... she's a really cool lady that I really can say anything to.
Apologies for the spelling (and grammar).... I got a B.S, not a B.A. :)

I think I'm probably edited most of the time. At least to some extent. I tell off color jokes and vent when I'm upset about something. But there's things that I won't do/say around ANYBODY! Body functions are particularly a no-no!

In fact, the first time one of my kids heard me burp, I thought they were going to die of shock! :$

Nina

Are we called "DAWGs" because we stick our noses up people's butts? (RIP Buzz)
Yep, you're a postwhore-billyvance

Everyone- except family and anyone under the age of 18.***

This,
I try to tone it down when kids are present, but when they are not I am comfortable with myself and act the way that I do - I know with my warped sense of humor that I am not some peoples cup o tea but I will not pretend to be someone that I am not just so people will like me - they can just leave and avoid me in the future.

Roy
They say I suffer from insanity.... But I actually enjoy it.

Bolas pretty much is the unedited me but I tend to feed off other people more than most probably.

Prolly have more of those "I'm going to hell for laughing about this or responding back" moments with Divot than most others though.

In fact people are sometimes surprised that I can edit and behave myself if need be. :)

Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

The ex wife, ( 18 years divorced) all the things I could't say to her then I'm saying now.
we are becoming really good friends. The ocean that separates us means we
will never now be more than just friends.

Gone fishing

most people i know get the unedited me.
Those i call friends definitely do.

The kids i work with get an edited version of me.

Those on here who have met me could probably atest to meeting ME not a wtaered down version of me.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Patients/the public in general get an edited version while I'm working, but that's it. Can't say that's always been the case with co-workers, but I'm working with a pretty good group of people these days. There are a lot of barriers that come down when you live together while at work.

Also used to present a mostly edited version of myself when dating. Finally realized that they need to know who I am from the beginning. If they don't like it, fine, but I'd rather find out sooner than later.
Killing threads since 2004.

I often get into trouble for *not* editing myself.. The only way I edit is by not saying something I would like to say.. Otherwise, I don't change my behaviour.

I'm still most comfortable saying anything around my ex, and weirdly enough his mother. The only thing I censor is stuff about her son.. Don't want her to feel like she needs to take sides.
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

I find that being in a stable relationship means that you CAN say everything that comes to mind.

Exactly ...

O

But it doesn't mean that you SHOULD!!

The answer to "Does my arse look big?" - is not "Yes".... unless you like hospital food.

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

8-5 I'm edited with patients. My boss, coworkers, lady, DZ ladies that love me :D, and anyone who experiences me whilst drinking gets 100% UNEDITED beav.

I have a shirt I just got that I love to wear out...2 actually.

On states "Instant asshole....just add alcohol" and the other "Hangover...God's way of letting you know you kicked ass last night!!"

...it's not the fact that you don't appreciate what you have until it's gone...it's the fact that you don't appreciate what you have until someone appreciates it for you!

Those on here who have met me could probably atest to meeting ME not a wtaered down version of me.

You know, you could try it every once in a while.:P

*awaits unedited, genuine, non watered reply*:)
50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

I find that being in a stable relationship means that you CAN say everything that comes to mind.

Exactly ...

O

The answer to "Does my arse look big?" - is not "Yes".... unless you like hospital food.

Ha ha ... true :P. Well, I have nobody to be "unedited" with right now, but you bring up a good point - does being "unedited" with the one you love mean that you are taking him/her for granted?

O

Hmmm...I have recently taken a new tact in relationships and I like it. I AM saying everything I want to say and ask the same of her. That doesn't mean I don't search for the correct words to present it the way I really want to. Sometimes spouting out something causes problems and doesn't really convey what was intended either. I'm not sure finding the proper words counts as editing.

"Does this make my arse look big?" doesn't have to be a yes or no question. And the answer can obviously be prefaced with something complimentary about the said 'arse' before answering that the particular garment is not flattering to an otherwise lovely portion of the SO's body.

Is that editing? I think it is a more complete and considered response.
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

You know, you could try it every once in a while.:P

*awaits unedited, genuine, non watered reply*:)

No need to, those who matter dont mind the real me, and those who mind dont matter
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Exactly ...

O

Ha ha ... true :P. Well, I have nobody to be "unedited" with right now, but you bring up a good point - does being "unedited" with the one you love mean that you are taking him/her for granted?

O

If both are doing it? No.

If both say they are doing it or the other thinks both are doing it, but one really isn't then I can see how they could feel they were being taken for granted.

Of course if one feels that way about someone they love they should talk about it with them.
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.