d_squared431

What do you love about Florida?

Having lived in all corners of the USA and some places in the middle, I pretty much love everything about Florida (especially my crib :)
All places have their up's and down's, Florida just has them in the sun. Barbeque on new years vice shoveling the car out is awesome by the way B| (Although DD, I do miss skiing in the Tahoe area, Mt. Rose was a 2nd home for a while)

Oh yea, 1/2 dozen DZ's w/in 2 hours drive is nice too. ;)

I basically lived in my truck when I was a snow bum at Rose. I worked there for 10plus yrs. I ran a dept, taught, and competed and also help run a local event called "shred nite." I bet we even to a few runs and just don't know we did...;)
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly

You must all be getting a crowd of bad drivers. Usually it's the other way around. When we get snow in Pennsylvania, you know who's local because they know how to drive through it. All the southerners that may have only seen snow one other time in their life freak out and drive under 5mph.

I'm stationed in Jacksonville right now. Aside from Palatka, pretty much all my other views about Florida are negative, especially now in the summer. Way too humid.
Skydiving: You either learn from other's mistakes, or they'll learn from yours.

Don't let the door hit you in the ass!

No worries about that!

To be fair, living in the Keys was enjoyable. Living in Deland was pleasant. Living in Daytona Beach was tolerable. It's Orlando that I can't stand.

Edit to add: I do like and will miss the bike trails in and around Orlando.
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!

Shorts, Tee shirt and sandals everyday, even when its "cold".
Beautiful beaches
Good fishing
Skydive Sebastian and all the great people---Im biased:)Cool ocean breeze
Gotta mention the keys again. Born and raised!
Some of the worlds best amusement parks

You guys are killin this poor soul stuck up here in Pa. with all these good reason why you all live down there:P>:(

Bry

I think you are going to have to move to the sunny state. ;)
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly

After living in Reno/Tahoe for many yrs I have to agree..

I always say Winter is my favorite season. My Dad tells me that's because I've never lived anywhere that has a real winter. He predicts I'd last about 2 weeks in a northern climate. He's probably right. :ph34r:

Real winters here in Minnesota give you this......
Fortunately, I'm adhering to a pretty strict, uh, drug, uh, regimen to keep my mind, you know, uh, limber.
--- The Dude ---

I really miss living in FL. I cried like a baby when I was forced to take a job in Houston (the last place in the US I would ever live, probably. So, double killer!) because I couldn't find any weather openings after I graduated school in FL. I am originally from South Jersey just outside of Philly, but damn was I really happy in FL. Like... perfect could have spent the rest of my life right there in Brevard County on the beach. The things I miss most:

-The beach
-The nudie beach at Apollo/Playa Linda
-Space Shuttle taking off in my back yard and sonic booms in the morning to wake me up. (but I'm biased... I am a space geek)
-The interesting weather and summertime thunderstorms.
-Laid back atmosphere.
-Wearing flip flops all year round, even when it's "cold."
-Wearing only a hoodie when it's "cold," and occasionally a heavy jacket at night in december/january.
-Beautiful puffy clouds.
-The wind tunnel
-Zhills and Sebastian
-SUSHI .... like, seriously. I've had sushi in a butt ton of places all over, and my fav. is still in Melbourne FL at Siam Orchid.
-Free diving and canoeing the natural springs and rivers.
-Surfing
-Fishing off the beach or the pier or inlet.
-The people and the vibe. (I knew I hated the "United States of Texas" and it's vibe before I even moved out here.)

So... bottom line is that I miss FL with all my heart and hopefully I can score a job and move back one day. :)
Edited to add--- I REALLY miss the keys. I never got down there as often as I would have liked, but it was heaven for me.

Apologies for the spelling (and grammar).... I got a B.S, not a B.A. :)

Don't let the door hit you in the ass!

No worries about that!

To be fair, living in the Keys was enjoyable. Living in Deland was pleasant. Living in Daytona Beach was tolerable. It's Orlando that I can't stand.

Edit to add: I do like and will miss the bike trails in and around Orlando.

I'll second that!! I was very happy and could have spent the rest of my life in the Melbourne/Sebastian area where I lived for 5 years. But I spent 6 months after graduation in Orlando when I moved in with the other half, and compared the Houston it seems great now, but at the time compared to Melbourne I HATED it. I-drive and I-4 traffic sucks EVERYDAY. All the tourists in rental cars really pissed me off, and I had to deal with that a lot because I lived around the corner from Universal Studios. The best plus was the experience I had working at the tunnel and getting to know a bunch of great people there. I miss those guys BAD!!!!
Apologies for the spelling (and grammar).... I got a B.S, not a B.A. :)

nice post.

love about florida?
the dropzones.
warm temps,,,( usually visit in winter, so its nice)
anytime i'm there, it's while "in vacation mode"

but one important thing i love about florida :):(

I Know she'll do well there...she's a winner, but now ( for me , at least ) there's one less reason to go to Fla...

jt

OK, I thought of something...

I love FL because I can come home from work and workout in my pool instead of going to the Y. I have a salt water system and a solar heater to extend the pool temp in the cooler months...it's nice. B|

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Bumper to bumper traffic on I4, Bumper to bumper traffic on I95.
Setting my clock by the rain every day at 5.
Majority population that wont or cant speak english. Toll Roads that are way overpriced and 5 males apart.
The super high cost of living.
Tourists.
Oh yeah and I really like that I dont live there anymore, but I do miss the Ocean down south.

Holy shit evey 30 feet or so!! You must have to carry a lot of change!!
Beauty is only skin deep, but ugly goes clean to the bone!

I like to start my day off with a little Ray of Soulshine™!!